GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
bombs on target
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright headed to alabama at the end of the week and really do want to have to redetail the truck when i get there from all the bugs after 1000 miles. anyone done the painters tape trick? any tips?

·
T Nigs
1,318 Posts
I have, i mean theres not much to it. Just go get the widest painters tape you can find, cover your grill, hood, mirrors and the small area behind the tires where they spray and prepare to get laughed at. When my parents saw that i did it to my car they laughed for 20 minutes and then called out the neihbors to come out and laugh at me too. I havent done it since haha.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
guys did this to Honda's all the time when going to shows and such. If you do it, at least make a cool design on the fenders or hood or something. people are going to laugh at you anyways, may as well have some fun

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
I've done the painters tape a few times. Girl would write and draw all kinds of stupid crap on it.

Now I'd much rather just bring ONR and a couple quick washes here and there then drive with the tape on my cars.

·
This space for rent.
21 Posts
just wax before you leave with pure carnuba wax.

someone makes a spray on bra also (duplicolor maybe?)

In the end though, rock chips are righteous.

·
Fake 4wd Club
3,942 Posts
I used painters tape a few times when I would roll to shows when I was in the import scene. I would mix and match colors with the blue and green painters tape, make crazy designs, two tones, stripes , graphics, all kids of crap. Just like ILuvJDM said, might as well have fun with it, cause you'll definitely get laughed at, people will be taking pictures and all sorts of shit.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
buy the adams travel kit?

its a damn good deal, and you can just hit it real quick with the waterless wash when you get there.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts