GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How should I go about painting my factory chrome bumper on my nnbs? I have painted stuff before, just not sure how to start with chrome? I know POR-15 makes something you wipe on the chrome and wipe it off and it cause a bond between the chrome and primer?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Search, there were a few how to's a few years ago. I think the dude used Etching Primer or some shit.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
with a bigass thumb print on it :pepper:

I wouldnt paint the chrome, theres a guy on craigslist Houston that wants to swap his black for chrome

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/1291736493.html
well there you go. Dont take it to the shitty place my wife took my truck. They said they couldnt paint the "paintable pieces" because they were textured. :wtf:

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Back on topic. How do you paint CHROME. If my paint store has some of the shit mentioned I will use it. Otherwise how do I go about doing this. Me, my buddy and his dad who has experience painting will be painting my paintable front bumper and my stock rear bumper. The only problem is his dad just doesnt know how to go about painting chrome.

·
Bag Envy
2,247 Posts
My rear bumper cost me $40 to have powdercoated. You could ship me yours and I could have it powdercoated and shipped back cheaper than that place you mentioned lol.

Seriously though I watched an episode of Musclecar last weekend and the guy was giving specific "how to's" on painting chrome. check it out..it starts around the middle of the episode...
http://www.powerblocktv.com/site3/index.php/watch-full-episodes/ep?ep_show=MC

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Im still debating on painting the plastics or the chrome on my rear bumper. If I get rid of ALL the chrome (the bumper is the last piece) then my wheels arent going to fit my truck at all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts