GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
always wanting ,never get
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there guys me again with more hypathetical questions about my imaginary truck i found a really nice 99 sbsc silvy with a 5.3 and only 50k miles on it but its pewter a color i dont much desire its only $11,500 which is a wonderful price but i f i get it i want to paint it. im gonna shave everything first and then what should i do? should i sand the whole thing myself? if so what sandpaper should i use and what sander electric or what not what ever to make the job easy i want to do this so i can save money on the paint job when taken to the shop.should i primer it myself also tell me about this also thans for the help guys hope i explained my questions good enough.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
if i was you, id go talk to the person that is gonna paint it. some painters are VERY picky about the condition of the work that they take in. i know some that wont touch stuff with rattle can primer. some insist on doing all the prep so that they know its done right. just talk to them first. it couldnt hurt

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
If you primer it yourself you are going to need a gun and a compressor to do it right. Rattle can primer is junk :)

A paintjob you will be happy with should cost 2-5k, for that much, why not just shop around a little more and get exactly what you want?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
If you primer it yourself you are going to need a gun and a compressor to do it right. Rattle can primer is junk :)

A paintjob you will be happy with should cost 2-5k, for that much, why not just shop around a little more and get exactly what you want?
A year or so down the road once I do all the body mods I want to do to my truck, handles, shaving, rollpan, bumpercover, mirrors, etc. I want to get a simple two tone paintjob. Black on top with porsche silver on bottom. Door Jambs and everything, how much do you think I am looking at?

·
THE VIKING !!!
279 Posts
Im a painter , I wouldnt touch a vehicle that "has already been sanded and ready to go" .. Because then never are ... :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts