GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a brown 2007 New Body style LTZ. I do not like the way the colour is broken up around the bumper of my truck. Can the black plastic "front air Deflector" that the tow hooks come through be painted brown like the rest of my truck? Has anyone else done this?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
thats what i think he's talking about. yes it can.

·
Registered
249 Posts
It can be. IMO it won't last. AND.. I think it won't look good.

painting something flexible plastic that low to the ground.. is gonna cause you some pains down the road. you can have them add a flex additive to the paint.. but still...

·
GMFS Veteran Member
304 Posts
yea, its the front valance and air dam. they can but from what i hear, if its not done just right, itll peel and flake. i still plan on doing mine though

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, mine is NNBS, All the different colours have the front of these trucks all broken up so that it looks like they were made out of spare parts. I think with it painted (as in the pics above) it looks much better than stock - even on a black truck. Anyone out there do this on there own and have any tips on the procedure/products to use? Any pics of a brown truck with this done?

The GMC's look much better than the chevs stock.

·
Oldschool
504 Posts
Here is mine not painted... I think it matches well with the rest of the flat black on the truck.

·
MAG Autoworks
286 Posts
it looks great but as stated above it will flake off down the road, painted the air dam on my old tahoe and it did the same thing

i guess it boils down to what you use your truck for.... just a show and street only truck then yeah do it, but if you use it to wheel in might want to think twice

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
They sell primed valances, I think if a pro painter does it, you really shouldn't be worried, depending on how low you are.

But you can also sand it smooth, adhesion promoter, primer, base, clear it yourself.

·
GMFS Veteran Member
304 Posts
They sell primed valances, I think if a pro painter does it, you really shouldn't be worried, depending on how low you are.

But you can also sand it smooth, adhesion promoter, primer, base, clear it yourself.

any idea where i could get a primed valance?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts