GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched around and found a shit load of "Color Match" threads and in them found a couple of semi-how to's, but didnt come across an in-depth walk through.

So I have a couple of questions.

I did a bit of booth painting back in the day, but all the equipment was top of the line and i did little to none of the prep (it was all done by other people). That said, Im comfortable with a paint gun and wanted to get eveyon's thoughts on going at colormatching in a DIY fashion. I have a decent gun but thats about it. Is it worth going for, or does the financial savings not out way the end product? By that I mean, is saving the $ by doing it myself going to yeild a decent looking product, or skill aside, is there no way i'll be able to get close to a professional looking job?

Lastly, what kind of prep goes into painting a plastic bumper that has years of armoral on it and is not smooth (textured plastic)? Also, where can i get some decent paint that matches?

Thanks!

·
Registered
458 Posts
ya i pretty much have the same question. i want to paint the plastic trim below my chrome bumper.
wat would i need to do if i did it myself? just un screw the black plastic trim and paint it white? any specific paint i should buy?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts