GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to paint the bumpers and grill on my tahoe to match the body. When I went to the body shop to get an estimate that said they would not paint it since it is chrome.

What do you guys suggest I do to color match the bumper and grill?

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
:word: to what Jeff said.

Another option is (if you have a Chevy that is) to look into buying an SS front bumper cap. I think they look badass and they color match the front bumper.

hoefront.jpg

(Thats Sin's rig BTW...very :rocking: )

·
Registered
489 Posts
from what I was told they have to scuff the chrome and then lay down a certain kind of paint .... then then can color match to your truck..

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
You need to sandblast the chrome and then use a special primer for the paint to stick good.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
You should check on getting the Z71 Tahoe pieces. They are made to be painted (you can even order the grill prepainted i believe)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that SS bumper does look awesome and I am trying to talk him into it. It is actually my dad's ride and he is just trying to go the cheapest route without being to flashy.

Anybody know the primer, because maybe if I could get all the stuff prepped for the painter and the materials he would do it???

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
groundscraper said:
You need to sandblast the chrome and then use a special primer for the paint to stick good.
what he said.....i think regular primer would work once its down to bare metal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts