GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive read thru all the dash threads and got lots of ideas and suggestions...

... now, ne thing i should watch out for? nething that you found to be useful or quicker?

i got a obs truck, 94, gonna paint the dash around the gauges, then carpet the rest...

suggestions?

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking more along the lines of trull hair, i luv that stuff

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would just paint the whole thing. Tweed looks good on some trucks when done right in certain areas. I was thinking about tweeding my dash, but I thought it over and just dyed the whole thing.

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm.... its vinyl rite now and i want something different.... maybe ill do the troll hair stuff on my headliner and find some other cool fabric for my dash.

but there will be troll hair in my truck somewhere... i promise

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
slamdfullsize said:
hmm.... its vinyl rite now and i want something different.... maybe ill do the troll hair stuff on my headliner and find some other cool fabric for my dash.

but there will be troll hair in my truck somewhere... i promise
I'd paint the whole damn dash and do a suede headliner. Honestly troll hair screams, "I HAVE NO TASTE!" That stuff looks like shit:puke: I dont see why you would want to do it:think: But if you must, be my guess, I'll just say, "Told ya so." :LOL:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I agree w/ 00Silverado. troll hair does look like shit. I think suede is a nice fabric if you want that (pimped out look.) maybe you should mix it up and do a leather/vinyl and suede look. what ever it is i dont think you should use troll hair.

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hhhmmm..... well, we shall see what happens when it all comes together.

im still looking for fabric and trying to find a theme to go with.... so.... whatever it comes out to be, ill garrantee itll look nice. i dont do s*&t work.

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok...

do they make/sell a clear coat in a rattle can?

if so... will it look good sprayed over the base coat?

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
slamdfullsize said:
ok...

do they make/sell a clear coat in a rattle can?

if so... will it look good sprayed over the base coat?
I wouldn't use a rattle can man. If you can't spray it yourself get a body/paint shop to do it. They shouldn't charge much at all. That's what I did to mine. He charged me around $50-$60 for painting all this:
IMG_0266.gif

IMG_0255.gif

I'm in the process of sanding the top main dash and some other stuff right now and I'm going to get my painter to paint them as well.

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
too late... used a rattle can. came out looking not too bad.

i still want to get a new dash piece neway, so, when i find one, ill talk to the guys at the shed. thanx rice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts