GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just got done today with painting my mirrors and I put on 3 coats of clear and now they have a slight yellowish tint to them. The clear will be dry tomorrow as it will be 24 hours later. My question is what did I f up for them to turn this color. I followed this http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27648 and now I got yellowish mirrors. Could it be the clear coat I used? I went down to the local paint shop and the guy there recommened this brand of clear. SEM promax. I looked at every store in the area for the Krylon Fusion clear and noone carries it.

Any help would be great.

·
droppin loads
3,883 Posts
Sorry to say but you wasted your time. I painted a tailgate handle and cap with rattle can duplicolor. Looked great at first but turned yellow within days. I don't know if other colors do this but white does for sure. :down:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great. Well I can always sand it off and take it in and have them paint it when I get my hood painted.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
never had a problem with my duplicolor bumper pad a valance they where white for a good year then started chipping

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure its the clear that did it. I'll have to sand it down and try something else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts