GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
BigNBlack6.0
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone here painted their frame with their exterior color? The picture below shows what i am talking about... i want to paint the sides of the frame that hang below the body because it sticks out like a sore thumb when the rest of the truck is clean. Im just wondering what my options are before i jump into this project...

any input/comments greatly appreciated!!!! :worship:

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I would do a flat black high gloss on the frame is not going to look good unless you paint the entire frame.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Most definitely flat black...looks factory.

·
BigNBlack6.0
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input so far! yeah, i agree that a low gloss color would look better... im not a huge fan of undercoating, though.... doesnt seem to stay clean very long

keep the ideas coming!!! :gmfs:

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,237 Posts
I have been using a Rustoleum Semi-gloss 1613 and i love it. It has just the right amount of shine but looks better than flat or gloss. Thats all we use at the muscle car shop i work at. Just make sure you clean ur frame the best you can with Purple Power and a wire brush to make the paint stick better.

Just my $.02 though.
Nick

·
Registered
640 Posts
one of my friends had a tacoma that he painted the frame with gloss black car paint. all he did was sand the factory paint off, prime the frame, sand it smooth and took it to the paint shop to get the paint sprayed. it looked awesome, it stayed gloss black all the time no matter how dirty the rest of the truck was. and when you go through the brushless car washes, it will clean the frame just as good as the body.

·
Registered
790 Posts
personally i have done this i went to walmart and bought $.96 gloss balck paint and painted my frame on my old truck. Its cheap and it lasts along time. and if it ever does get dull you can go back over it for cheap. i also did the fender wells too

d00e632f.jpg

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
You could try some of that DIY bedliner stuff, it's suppose to wash clean pretty easy...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Use POR-15, its an awesome product and its looks great! And will not rust ever again.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
por-15 fades to a shitty finish very fast though unless they re did the chemicals in it....

Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts