GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am having an interesting time finding a shop that will paint my tows. The two shops I have visted (only two in my valley) say that they can't smooth them down and that they can't gurantee that the paint would stick. I have offerred bring them sanded parts but they say they don't paint parts that have not been prepped by them.

So here is my ask.

Is there anyone out there that has access to shop, or paints themsleves that would be willing to recieve my mirrors and get them colormatched? Both of these Autobody shops are pretty reputable and it surprises me that they CAN'T colormatch.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in CO now. Moving to Cali in Sept. But willing to have a member who paints make some coin.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I know BGERALD has had his painter do work for others in the past.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I can't find anyone here in Ontario either, I'd gladly ship them to someone to smooth/paint

·
GMC Owner
2,634 Posts
I'm in CO now. Moving to Cali in Sept. But willing to have a member who paints make some coin.
Where are you moving to in California?

Because the shops in the central valley smooth and paint mirrors all the time. I think it's about 300 or so to have a pair done.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know BGERALD has had his painter do work for others in the past.
I'll have to send him a PM

Because the shops in the central valley smooth and paint mirrors all the time. I think it's about 300 or so to have a pair done.
I'm moving to Morgan Hill.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Yup the shops in Cencal will do them for about if not a little more what he said. Morgan hill is a few hours drive from reptable shops but there are plenty of guys out here doing them and other plastics. I live close to Morgan hill welcome bro

·
GMC Owner
2,634 Posts
Yeah if you head over the hill about 2 hours into modesto is where all that kind of stuff get's done on a regular basis. So if you can wait till you move i'd suggest that.

·
Formerly TrucknGolf
2,182 Posts
where at in co that there is only two paint shops in town?

·
Registered
876 Posts

Did not know tows cost $300+ to color match. Re thinking having mine re done along with my bumper plastics.

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
God ppl must be rolling in dough now days to turn down easy money just bc they are lazy. I had a buddy do mine for $75, smoothed aswell

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
God ppl must be rolling in dough now days to turn down easy money just bc they are lazy. I had a buddy do mine for $75, smoothed aswell
Who's this buddy?:wave:

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Wouldn't touch a set of mirrors for $75, but I don't see $300 in it either. Guess you can charge what people are willing to pay though...

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I can't find anybody here in mn either so far. Granted I only called a few places but they basically told me for the time and $, that they don't give a shit. I'd mail mine out too, to somebody that has already done a few sets.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Says the guy on 24s haha

·
GO NOLES
633 Posts
I bought a smooth set of tows and still had a problem getting them repainted. No one wanted to touch them, saying they would crack and some point. Finally found a place that charged $130

·
GMC Owner
2,634 Posts
Well I can tell you that they will crack, painting plastic is not easy, and I had a small issue with one of mine from bad prep, (but I painted my own so there's no one to blame but me) but if a shop is worth a shit at painting they will be able to paint plastics, people have been doing it for years...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts