GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After putting on the black wheels i decided to de-chrome the truck and do paintmatching so for fun figured i would make a thread to show my progress.

Heres the start of it: Removed billit grill, will go back on when grill is painted.
07-03-09_1843.jpg

07-03-09_1849.jpg

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you bet

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah not sure if i will do the bumpers, at least not till last and i would most likely sandblast them

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
I wanna see how this all turns out, ive thought about painting all the chrome on my truck and just having a solid color but have had second thoughts

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wanna see how this all turns out, ive thought about painting all the chrome on my truck and just having a solid color but have had second thoughts
well just keep watch, next week ill start witht the tailgate handle and mirror covers and possible some under hood plastics

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
well just keep watch, next week ill start witht the tailgate handle and mirror covers and possible some under hood plastics
yah thats ones thing i havent touched yet is my under hood plastics but ive got every other plastic piece on my truck painted

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yah thats ones thing i havent touched yet is my under hood plastics but ive got every other plastic piece on my truck painted
yeah and it looks good, i just dont know if i want to do my whole mirror or just the covers?

·
Milk was a bad choice.
998 Posts
yeah and it looks good, i just dont know if i want to do my whole mirror or just the covers?
I've been contemplating the same thing. I'm taking a bunch of plastic parts to the painter on Wednesday and I'm going to see what the price difference is between just the caps or the whole thing. I think getting the whole mirror painted looks best, but I would be content with just the caps.

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been contemplating the same thing. I'm taking a bunch of plastic parts to the painter on Wednesday and I'm going to see what the price difference is between just the caps or the whole thing. I think getting the whole mirror painted looks best, but I would be content with just the caps.
same here, buttespades mirrors look great but leaving part black will go with the truck i think

·
Milk was a bad choice.
998 Posts
Yeah my painter said he thinks it looks better to just paint the caps because the textured part of the mirror flows into the flat black rubber seal thing around the window better. I'm guessing he just said this because he doesn't like sanding mirrors lol. My truck's dark grey anyway so it will match regardless.

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
do the whole mirror, they look way better than just the cap

IMG_4257.jpg
that does look great but dont know how hard it will be to do the whole mirror, is under the mirror where it folds painted as well

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
do you know how they come apart?

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks, looks a little tough

·
Desert Rat