GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After putting on the black wheels i decided to de-chrome the truck and do paintmatching so for fun figured i would make a thread to show my progress.

Heres the start of it: Removed billit grill, will go back on when grill is painted.

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah not sure if i will do the bumpers, at least not till last and i would most likely sandblast them

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wanna see how this all turns out, ive thought about painting all the chrome on my truck and just having a solid color but have had second thoughts
well just keep watch, next week ill start witht the tailgate handle and mirror covers and possible some under hood plastics

·
Milk was a bad choice.
998 Posts
yeah and it looks good, i just dont know if i want to do my whole mirror or just the covers?
I've been contemplating the same thing. I'm taking a bunch of plastic parts to the painter on Wednesday and I'm going to see what the price difference is between just the caps or the whole thing. I think getting the whole mirror painted looks best, but I would be content with just the caps.

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been contemplating the same thing. I'm taking a bunch of plastic parts to the painter on Wednesday and I'm going to see what the price difference is between just the caps or the whole thing. I think getting the whole mirror painted looks best, but I would be content with just the caps.
same here, buttespades mirrors look great but leaving part black will go with the truck i think

·
Milk was a bad choice.
998 Posts
Yeah my painter said he thinks it looks better to just paint the caps because the textured part of the mirror flows into the flat black rubber seal thing around the window better. I'm guessing he just said this because he doesn't like sanding mirrors lol. My truck's dark grey anyway so it will match regardless.

1 - 20 of 221 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.