GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to local aut body shop and they told me that the could not paint my mirrors or front valance on my nnbs silverado becuase they are textured... is the shop right? do i need to buy new mirrors.. or are they just being lazy... lol

idk what to do, i just want to color match my mirrors door handles and valance...

any help guys??

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
This has been covered like 15 times, yes it can be done, your paint shop is just lazy, or dumb. search around theres lots of threads about this. You can always do it yourself or find a real paint shop

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
look around at other shops, textured mirrors and valances can be painted, its a lot more work to sand out all the texture. all the exterior plastics on my truck were sanded down and painted

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
Im also in the process of doing mine, check the link in the sig. And if you just want colormatching you dont really have to even smooth them out, it just looks better if you do.

Edit: Pics of truck?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
send em to my painter....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry for the repeat ?... just new to the forum..
thank you all for the information... it was very helpfull !!!!!
i will try to find a new shop to do it..

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,396 Posts
you can try englands collision center in jesup

·
deel'n wif it
581 Posts
it can be done, but it takes alot of prep:read:
find another shop, and be clear when you get a estimate if you want it smooth and shiny like a fender make sure they understand that!

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
Find another body shop...

[/IMG]

·
Registered
36 Posts
theres a shop in Rincon that can do it as well. Harolds Paint and Body I believe is the name. Its right off Hwy 21 near the old out of business ford dealer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts