GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Tried unplugging the front and rear wiring harness from the under hood fuse box. Some of the mirror led's and both turn signal indicators on the dash remain dimly illuminated when the park lights are on. So it has to be something upstream of the wiring harness.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Had a similar issue quite a while back. I don't care who says what about the 7 pin thingy. You have too many LEDs and not enough resistance along the harness, that's why everything turns on. If you change a 3157 anywhere and 194 corner to incandescent your issue disappears which will prove my point. Figure out how many lights you have and do the math out to figure what size resistor you need to run. Slap it in and call it a day. Personally, instead of doing a resistor I have all led with the exception of the 194 corners (incandescent) and my issues went away. Im an 03 Sierra

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have load resistors on each front 3157 turn led only but not sure of the value. Came with them from VLED, just put the fuse in to enable it or remove fuse to dissable. Version 2 of the V3 Triton would be my guess.
Personally, instead of doing a resistor I have all led with the exception of the 194 corners (incandescent) and my issues went away. Im an 03 Sierra
What issues did you encounter? Can you describe your setup a little more. Flasher used, Silverado or Sierra tails the Silverado has an additional side marker light. How about license plate lights? Did you stick with the 194 incandescent in all four corners or go with something brighter.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Put 168 incandescent bulbs in all four side markers. Installed load resistors on all four signal lights. Also installed a stock flasher and this did not fix my issues.

·
It is what it is
261 Posts
I had the same problem and I figured out that those little 194s in the corners of the parking lamps are what's making it do that. If you take them out, it won't do it anymore. I have all LEDs exterior except for my HID lows and fogs but when I put halogens in my tails it wouldn't do it so I thought at first it was my LEDs but I decided against that because all the LEDs I use are Sylvania Zevos (the weird trident shaped ones which are by far the best of all LEDs I've tried, they also handle the DRL voltage spike very well) and they have lifetime warranties. So I played around and I found that those little corners were somehow screwing with all the other ones. Try that and let me know how it goes! I'll help you where I can
When my headlights are off the park lights and license plate lights flash when a turn signal is activated. With the headlights on all the lights function normally. For example, with the headlights off and left turn signal activated. The left turn signal blinks like it should AND the license plate light and right rear park lights blink also the right front 194 led will flicker very faint.

My previous known good configuration was led's from vled everywhere inside and out except the third break, cargo and 3157's in the tails. I then installed led's in the third break light and four 3157's in the tails, also clipped the 7 pin on the stock flasher to prevent hyper flash.

To trouble shoot I installed a new LM487 flasher that is comparable with led's, no change
Put the stock 3157 bulbs back in the tails and unplugged the third break light, no change
Unplugged all four connections from the distribution block by the spare tire and the factory trailer plug from the bumper at the same time, the front opposite 194 led of the selected turn signal will flash at normal brightness instead of a flicker.

Took it to the dealer and they couldn't fix it. They said they cleaned some grounds and there guess is the taillight harness in the rear. How could a new taillight harness fix it if the problem still persists when the harness is unplugged?

Can't really throw parts at this and hope for the best.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For anyone who has this issue I have a 2005 Silverado and changed al the lights to LED. I ran into the problem of markers flashing with the blinkers and ended up having to put a resistor on the marker light wire as well as the blinker. I did however use a 100W 8ohm resistor on the marker light instead of the common 50W 6ohm that I used on the blinkers. I used the higher wattage on the marker as this won’t get as hot when the light is constantly on.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
All my exterrior lights are now new incandescent bulbs, no load resistors and I have an OEM flasher that is not modified. I don’t recall if a turn signal alone has any noticeable issues now. With the hazard’s on though, both rear park/tail lights will very faintly glow in time with the turn signals. This would be the top bulb on the tail lights. You have to look kinda close since it flashes like a heating element as the other lights flash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever get an answer? I'm having this problem too. Initially had just leds in the front and license plate lights. Installed a notiva flasher and everything seemed fine but now that I got some led tail lights this problem is surfacing. Tried many different formulations to narrow down the culprit but am still stumped. I thought about putting a diode into the circuit maybe on the ground wire between the brake light and turn signal but in not sure if that will do anything or just cause another problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
When my headlights are off the park lights and license plate lights flash when a turn signal is activated. With the headlights on all the lights function normally. For example, with the headlights off and left turn signal activated. The left turn signal blinks like it should AND the license plate light and right rear park lights blink also the right front 194 led will flicker very faint.

My previous known good configuration was led's from vled everywhere inside and out except the third break, cargo and 3157's in the tails. I then installed led's in the third break light and four 3157's in the tails, also clipped the 7 pin on the stock flasher to prevent hyper flash.

To trouble shoot I installed a new LM487 flasher that is comparable with led's, no change
Put the stock 3157 bulbs back in the tails and unplugged the third break light, no change
Unplugged all four connections from the distribution block by the spare tire and the factory trailer plug from the bumper at the same time, the front opposite 194 led of the selected turn signal will flash at normal brightness instead of a flicker.

Took it to the dealer and they couldn't fix it. They said they cleaned some grounds and there guess is the taillight harness in the rear. How could a new taillight harness fix it if the problem still persists when the harness is unplugged?

Can't really throw parts at this and hope for the best.
I don’t know if you are still having this problem or not I know this was couple years ago but I had the same problem with my truck a solve the issue with just putting the key in the door and locking and unlocking get in the truck make sure your main lights are off turn on your signal and check it out not a ground issue it is a security issue hope this help you or any one else who has this issue

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I don’t know if you are still having this problem or not I know this was couple years ago but I had the same problem with my truck a solve the issue with just putting the key in the door and locking and unlocking get in the truck make sure your main lights are off turn on your signal and check it out not a ground issue it is a security issue hope this help you or any one else who has this issue
The issue still persists. I can't recall the last time I used the key to lock or unlock the door, allays use the remote. Can you please clarify your fix? Sounds like you just used the key to lock and unlock the door one time?

·
Registered
2005 GMC Yukon XL 2500 8.1L W/4L85E.
11 Posts
New to the forum. But would like to know if this ever got resolved and what the end issue was? I have a 05 Yukon XL 2500 that just started to do the same thing. With all lights off if I use either one of my turn signals left or right all the running lights flash with the signal. But if I turn the parking lights on or headlights for that matter and use either turn signals the lights function properly. I've checked all the grounds I could find and appear to be ok. I've even installed a new led flasher relay with no luck. All taillight bulbs are factory bulbs. All front bulbs are LEDs. I could really use some help on this. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah I've already read the whole discussion on it and tried the things you tried with no success. That's why I figured I post on the old thread hoping you might have finally fixed it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Except for mine I tried removing the LEDs in the front and went back to regular bulbs but with no luck it still does it even with the regular bulbs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah I tried going back to the stock setup but it still does it even with the stock bulbs and flasher.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts