GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They came with the halos that I got off ebay. I dont want to hear how cheap they are and all that bullshit.

I just want to know how to clear them up?

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
That's what you get for buying cheap lights. :crazy:

Check out my thread. I tackled the problem before it started by dissembling and then resealing using gray permatex.

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77584&highlight=permatex

Or, if you don't want to take them apart, take them out and toss them in the oven for a little while at 225.

But the condensation will come back.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what you get for buying cheap lights. :crazy:

Check out my thread. I tackled the problem before it started by dissembling and then resealing using gray permatex.

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77584&highlight=permatex

Or, if you don't want to take them apart, take them out and toss them in the oven for a little while at 225.

But the condensation will come back.
I told you not to tell me anything about me buying cheap lights :guns: :rofl2:

Ok ill read your thread :worship:

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
Bake them, pry them apart, get all the old silicone material off... then reseal carefully (watch for air bubbles, etc)

Don't worry if it's messy, permatex is disgusting to work with, so if you have excessive slop on the back side of the lens, who cares.. when it hardens, you can trim it away.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bake them, pry them apart, get all the old silicone material off... then reseal carefully (watch for air bubbles, etc)

Don't worry if it's messy, permatex is disgusting to work with, so if you have excessive slop on the back side of the lens, who cares.. when it hardens, you can trim it away.
:shake:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Put them in the oven @ 75% to 100% make sure all the moustire is baked out. Then run some silicone around the edge that is sealed. Then on the lights replace the rubber seals with some rubber o-rings that are thicker so it will seal that area up as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts