GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Scratchin' Gravel
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished doing the DRL to Parking Light mod on my '04 1500. I have been searching all the write ups for DRL, 6-Hi and parking light mods but I can't find any solutions or answers. So my question is....Is there any way to make my Parking Lights (which are no wall 3 bulbs) run on the DRL switch and also run as Parking Lights?

From The Phone

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Wat?

·
Registered
878 Posts
I think he means the DRL, blinker/park lamp, and regular headlights running at the same time?...

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
I disabled and got rid of my drl's all together. Spliced in a new 3157 socket and modified it to fit the drl housing...

DSCN0309.jpg

·
Scratchin' Gravel
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I disabled and got rid of my drl's all together. Spliced in a new 3157 socket and modified it to fit the drl housing...

^^This is the same thing I did^^ is there a way to make those act as DRL during the day and also work as normal parking lights at night?

I think he means the DRL, blinker/park lamp, and regular headlights running at the same time?...

Just the DRL and Parking Lamps at the same time, or in my case now, all three Parking Lamps

Edit: So, in short, make the parking lamps stay on always while I'm driving. Day or night.

From The Phone

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Sorry, I misunderstood that you already did the mod.

·
Scratchin' Gravel
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that I look at my post, I see that I didn't really explain that part very well.

What about running a diode, in the fuse box, from the DRL relay to the PRK LMP relay?

From The Phone

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Now that I look at my post, I see that I didn't really explain that part very well.

What about running a diode, in the fuse box, from the DRL relay to the PRK LMP relay?

From The Phone
I think that would turn on your parking lamps, tail lights and all, not sure if you are looking to do that or not.

·
Scratchin' Gravel
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think that would turn on your parking lamps, tail lights and all, not sure if you are looking to do that or not.

Oh, yea I didn't think about the tail lights turning on also. That wouldn't work

From The Phone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts