GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Drag Racer!
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Anyone have any experience with the Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip tires? They seem like a very good tire and sound like they get great reviews. Just wondering if anyone out there have run them and whatcha think of them, especially in dirt/mud/snow/rain

Thanks

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,479 Posts
I believe twotone ran them on his duramax and hated them so bad he put the stock 245s back on.
unbalanced tires tend to do that..
IMO they're fine if your not looking for a mud tire to drive on the road all the time

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
My friend had them on his truck and he said it was a bitch to try and balance and they were heavy. They do look cool though. The ride wasn't too bad and the tread life was "eh"

·
Drag Racer!
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, well im not concerned about balancing as i will just put equilizer in the tires before i mount em instead of doing it on a balancer. As far as wear, I will more than likely see more lift and bigger tires yet by the time they wear out.

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
get tsl's
they arnt to to expensive
great and proven tire
and you'll get a good 20-25k out of them if you do it right

·
Wambulance Driver
1,790 Posts
When I was shopping for new tires I look into those tires but they were way too expensive.

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,777 Posts
they are shit. no grip on anything including pavement. they ride shitty. they steer shitty. they are fucking loud. they suck ass.
And fuck Swampers. Ugly ass fucking tires

·
The power of beer
306 Posts
I ran PJ's on my '99 for a while and other than looks they are as shitty as TwoTone states. Three of mine were out-of-round and would never balance.

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
I thought TSLs were for smaller vehicles. I think he's getting these for his Dodge.
tsl r made for any truck load rate might not be the highest but tsl r made any truck size or shape
they make a super swamper narrow which is like 33x9 made for yotas and jeeps

they are shit. no grip on anything including pavement. they ride shitty. they steer shitty. they are fucking loud. they suck ass.
And fuck Swampers. Ugly ass fucking tires
when you stuck ill be doing circles around you still.........its all what you rather looks or traction

last time i checked noone looks at the trucks for the looks on the trail just the shit they just went threw

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
Yes because if your not running Super Swampers you ain't shit:hahano:

My used set of PJ's were exactly as described by those who have so far posted after running a set. Hard to balance, out of round, hard tread, etc. Not a tire I would consider ever again.

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
ive ridden in a truck with those... just a nasty tire IMO. heavy as fuck.... worthless.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
tsl r made for any truck load rate might not be the highest but tsl r made any truck size or shape
they make a super swamper narrow which is like 33x9 made for yotas and jeeps
That's the thing, Zach uses his Dodge to tow and haul shit, not to mention a ECLB Cummins isn't light in the first place.

·
tell Sloan I said whatup
1,951 Posts
i had them in a 36x14.50 a couple years back. Of all the tires I went through I liked them the most. I didnt take them offroad a million times, but it was enough for me. they lasted a long time compared to super swampers and the baja belteds I had gone through.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts