GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want get rid of my third seat in my truck and purchase the center console that is in the extended cabs. So I need some help trying to find the serial # for that piece so I can purchase it from GMPartsDirect. Can anyone help me with this?

Caleb

·
Loves yoga pants
2,411 Posts
King Z71 said:
I want get rid of my third seat in my truck and purchase the center console that is in the extended cabs. So I need some help trying to find the serial # for that piece so I can purchase it from GMPartsDirect. Can anyone help me with this?

Caleb
With patience you can find one on ebay...I did and saved a bundle...the entire console from gmpd is very expensive...well over 350 bucks...

Pat

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
OKLAGMCRUISER said:
With patience you can find one on ebay...I did and saved a bundle...the entire console from gmpd is very expensive...well over 350 bucks...

Pat
i'd rather buy it from GM, i've seen them go for $500+ on eBay. not often, but watch a pewter console from an avalanche if you find one.

i second request for part #

·
Loves yoga pants
2,411 Posts
hovisimo said:
i'd rather buy it from GM, i've seen them go for $500+ on eBay. not often, but watch a pewter console from an avalanche if you find one.

i second request for part #
I think the console from GM is actually around 600 complete with brackets FYI...

-I bought just the center lid, which is attached to the inner console, from the dealership...$125.00 list plus tax...I get a 30% discount.(I only replaced this part because it was not the correct color and I knew I was gonna paint the rest of the console)
-The air tube that goes under the front part of the console $10.00.
-The main part of the rear console is 175.
-The front console is around 250.
-Just the cup holder is $45.00.
-I never did get a quote for the mounting bracket or internal air ducts of the console...the parts guy told me that he has had to price the entire console out...at around 600 list...this is where I base my previous statement.

I got the back half of the console on ebay for 132 shipped.

The front half of the console I bought from a salvage yard for $50.00.

Most full consoles on ebay go for around 300 bucks complete, sometimes without the cd/cassette slave unit.

Just because someone is willing to pay 550 on ebay doesn't mean that you have to. I set myself a budget and stuck to it...I lost a couple auctions, but got what I wanted for what I was willing to pay...JMHO, but the dealership will fuck you on a console.

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
OKLAGMCRUISER said:
I think the console from GM is actually around 600 complete with brackets FYI...

-I bought just the center lid, which is attached to the inner console, from the dealership...$125.00 list plus tax...I get a 30% discount.(I only replaced this part because it was not the correct color and I knew I was gonna paint the rest of the console)
-The air tube that goes under the front part of the console $10.00.
-The main part of the rear console is 175.
-The front console is around 250.
-Just the cup holder is $45.00.
-I never did get a quote for the mounting bracket or internal air ducts of the console...the parts guy told me that he has had to price the entire console out...at around 600 list...this is where I base my previous statement.

I got the back half of the console on ebay for 132 shipped.

The front half of the console I bought from a salvage yard for $50.00.

Most full consoles on ebay go for around 300 bucks complete, sometimes without the cd/cassette slave unit.

Just because someone is willing to pay 550 on ebay doesn't mean that you have to. I set myself a budget and stuck to it...I lost a couple auctions, but got what I wanted for what I was willing to pay...JMHO, but the dealership will fuck you on a console.
the consoles changed for '03, right? will i need a dash bezel to fit the newer one-piece console?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts