GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have a good parts list for a dry NOS system that will work on a 03 Ex cab Silverado? Nothing to heavy just 50 to 75 horse shot. I am thinking about starting to buy parts now so I can put it on this winter along with e-fans and Headers. Thanks in advance!!

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
bottle,steelbraided line, nitrous solenoid, and a jet :thumbsup:

bottle warmer, remote opener, purge system, thats all optional :head:

·
Built Not Bought
23 Posts
Personally Im a fan of wet kits because the motor will go really lean real quick until the computer sees it and can catch up. Thats just me though. Have lots of people ran dry kits yes but I like the safety factor of the wet kits. I know Ill be buying a wet kit. Though I do plan on 100-150 for the newest motor. Just my $.02

Josh

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks badburn! How much harder is it to instal a wet kit? I only want to run a 50 to 75 shot. I don't want to put to much stress on my motor and possibly hurt. If that will? What can I go up to with out doing that?

Does any one have the part #'s and where I can buy the stuff on line at?

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
Its not any harder to run a wet kit than a dry one, all you have to do is add another solenoid, this one for fuel, and T- off one of your fuel lines to it, and the jet will have two inputs in it, its really easy, i wish ihad pics to show you :read:

·
Registered
26 Posts
What about larger injectors? Perhaps 43 lb injectors? And maybe a new fuel pump? Members on other forums have mentioned the stock injectors on a SS, are just enough borderline to lean. So even with a WET kit a large shot 75+ might cause you to run to lean? What do you fellas think?

·
Built Not Bought
23 Posts
I dont see a need for bigger injectors on a wet kit. This is the whole point of a wet kit since there is no need for fuel enrichment from anywhere else. The good kits error on the quite rich side to overly protect an engine from going to lean. So long as you get a system from a reputable company you should be in good shape. In fact more power from a nitrous system can be found by tuning it and actually leaning it out some but you need to be EXTREMELY careful doing that since you dont want it too lean.

Josh

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well SSAlaska your are probably right on both points I could spend 6 to 8 grand more and have an "SS" but it is not really pratical for what i need it for. Or since my roomate is out of town for a couple weeks I could just rag the hell out of his "SS" and have the best of both worlds while he is gone!!!! HUH? :D sounds good to me and it is friday night what a coincidence!!! :head:

badburban and OrangeCrush it sounds like you all really know what you are talking about. I was just tossing the idea around a little bit but hearing what you all have to say about install I might get a little more serrious. I would really like to see some pics. Since I live in Alaska it is hard to get any good prices or help from the 2 performance shops here in town. So do you all know where on line would be a good place to get the stuff I need?

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
Trory, i would buy used stuff of EBay, save money:read:

its very simple, monday when i goto work and i have some time ill sit down and show you how a simple wet system is set up, etc.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
to add a fuel solenoid, you just wire it in with the other solenoid, and runa fuel line from your fuel rail port(remove the schrader valve) and to the nozzle. its so easy. i have a wet kit on my truck and it works great, i did a little tuning to it, and i couldnt be happier.

personally i started out with the 50 shot and really couldnt tell that much of a difference, then a 100 shot and i definatly felt that one, BUT then i moved to a 150, where i am now, and it hits really really hard.
i am running a window switch too, set at 3k.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks orangecrush that would help out a lot!!! WOuld that 100 horse shot that you are running fullthrottledan be to much for a stock motor other than bolt on's? That would be pretty sweet.

SSAlaska it can't be stolen if I have the keys and permission to drive it. And it is in the drive way where it is regestered at!!! Nice try It sgtill runs good. I am switching out the intake today to see how the ss runs with my AEM and then putting your tires on mine so I can rock them tonigh. I will take pics :D

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
im running a 150 on my truck, stock intake, no headers. the only mods i have are tr6 plugs, ported tb, catback exhaust. thats pretty much it. all stock other than that. and some tuning too, from nelson performance.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
i definatly just jinxed myself. i was spraying on my lunch today, and my tranny is slipping really really bad....do'h

1 - 16 of 16 Posts