GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay well you all are going to think i'm :crazy: but yesterday afternoon i was installing my gap guards and being careless i accidentally put a hole in one of my radiator hoses(stupid me i know :nono: ) anyway so after a little complaining to myself :banghead: i notice that there is not a very big leak, even when the truck is running. and i cannot find the part anywhere that i wont have to order it and it take a few days, i was wondering if it is possible to put a "bandaid" on it for now until the new one comes in. It is the hose that runs off the bottom of the overflow tank, and sort of T's into a heater hose, then runs into the water pump, what do you guys think am i out of my mind?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
if its just a temp fix try it, no harm done. use some electrial tape or something that will seal it then wrap it in duct tape. I wouldnt go on a road trip with it but its a temp fix.

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will i be able to take the hose off, or will the fluid run out? it'll be alot easier if i take it out, clean it up then i can put a tighter wrap on it w/ the tape

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
All depends where it is. If you take it off the resivour I would think that would run out, just keep gravity in mind. I honestly dont know, it depends on what where the hose is etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts