GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, paint correction noob here.
My paint has some light swirls and marring I wanted to get rid of so I purchased the PC7424XP with 5" backing plate and various 5" pads.

The PC has the 6" counterweight so my question is, will I run into any trouble using the wrong counterweight?

I've watched junkman's videos and I plan to emulate his technique. In his videos, he is using the wrong counterweight so I'm hoping I won't have issues

·
Fender Measurements?
21,152 Posts
i never had any issues. Although with a PC i highly suggest keeping with 5"-5.5" pads. I have read/found that being the optimal size for best results. Anything bigger you bog down the PC.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Sam, appreciate it. I think I'll be okay with the 5" pads, just really want everything lined up right for my first crack at it

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
the PC weight matters very little when used with polishing. Remember you are offsetting WEIGHT not SIZE. Foam weighs very little and adds very little in terms of inertia when going from 5.5-6.5" pads.

I could mount up either weight to your polisher and hand it to you and you'd have no idea which was which during use.

Happy polishing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts