GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone How Is It Going, Well I Recently Registered, But I Have Been Reading The Forum For A While Now,
I Have A 01 Stock Pcm, Would I Gain Anything From Swapping It With The One In My Truck, Its A 00, I Plan To Have A Nelson Tune Put In Once I Install My Supercharger,k But Do Not Know Wich Computer Would Be Better

·
internet bigot®
17,125 Posts
the 01's have a different cam then the 00 models i believe so i wouldnt think it would help you, if anything i would think it would be worse.

just get a PCM tune and then have it updated later for the blower.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only reason i was asking is because, Nelson charges the same to tune a 99 and 00, but more for a 01 and 02, then more on a 03 and 04. I know that a 99 would gain from switching to a 01 model

·
internet bigot®
17,125 Posts
00Z71 said:
The only reason i was asking is because, Nelson charges the same to tune a 99 and 00, but more for a 01 and 02, then more on a 03 and 04. I know that a 99 would gain from switching to a 01 model

if you were to swap years like that i would think it would not be beneficial at all. since your putting in a PCM that isnt tuned for the mods on that truck. you probably end up running rich.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i recieved my charger friday and will hopefully get to install it this week, will wait to get tune after the install
it was stated that the 01 has a different cam, is it gain or loss

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I have talked to Allen at nelson tuning and have decided that after I install my supercharger I am going to take the truck to his shop for the best tune on the dyno and on the street

·
internet bigot®
17,125 Posts
i have a nelson tune also...

here are my mods...

MagnaCharger RADIX, Magnaflow, TOG headers, GM 4.10 gears, B&M Transcooler, Eaton Posi rear, Nelson Performance Tune, 160 T-stat, MSD 8.5 wires, NGK TR55's, hotchkis 2/4 drop, edelbrock IAS shocks

i also have a yank TT3000 stall, billet servos, transgo shift kit waiting to be installed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
onyx said:
i have a nelson tune also...

here are my mods...

MagnaCharger RADIX, Magnaflow, TOG headers, GM 4.10 gears, B&M Transcooler, Eaton Posi rear, Nelson Performance Tune, 160 T-stat, MSD 8.5 wires, NGK TR55's, hotchkis 2/4 drop, edelbrock IAS shocks

i also have a yank TT3000 stall, billet servos, transgo shift kit waiting to be installed.
i have the NGK TR 55's, what gap did you set yours at or what would you recommend, what headers should i go with and what trans kit, i also plan to run 8psi boots, whats yours

·
internet bigot®
17,125 Posts
they came pre-gapped for me... hell its been so long, i cant even remember what they were gapped at... lol.

i would suggest any long tube header set up. it will help your motor breathe to fully help the blower. and a trans go kit would be good, ive never heard anything bad about them. even though i still have yet to install mine, so i cant give you any words of wisdom on installation and performance. :crazy:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.