GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone How Is It Going, Well I Recently Registered, But I Have Been Reading The Forum For A While Now,
I Have A 01 Stock Pcm, Would I Gain Anything From Swapping It With The One In My Truck, Its A 00, I Plan To Have A Nelson Tune Put In Once I Install My Supercharger,k But Do Not Know Wich Computer Would Be Better

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Its pretty much the same, and once you get a nelson it won't matter. I dont even know if they are swapable.

And PLEASE...Don't Type Like This Its Really Annoying :D

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
the 01's have a different cam then the 00 models i believe so i wouldnt think it would help you, if anything i would think it would be worse.

just get a PCM tune and then have it updated later for the blower.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only reason i was asking is because, Nelson charges the same to tune a 99 and 00, but more for a 01 and 02, then more on a 03 and 04. I know that a 99 would gain from switching to a 01 model

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
00Z71 said:
The only reason i was asking is because, Nelson charges the same to tune a 99 and 00, but more for a 01 and 02, then more on a 03 and 04. I know that a 99 would gain from switching to a 01 model

if you were to swap years like that i would think it would not be beneficial at all. since your putting in a PCM that isnt tuned for the mods on that truck. you probably end up running rich.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i recieved my charger friday and will hopefully get to install it this week, will wait to get tune after the install
it was stated that the 01 has a different cam, is it gain or loss

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
the 01 cam is for about 5 more HP than the 00. what magna kit did you get?

i installed a radix in mine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found a side mount for a good price a decided to try it. I am thinking of putting water/meth injection, but i trying to get others opinoins that have had it.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
00Z71 said:
I found a side mount for a good price a decided to try it. I am thinking of putting water/meth injection, but i trying to get others opinoins that have had it.

well good luck with it :thumbsup:

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
00Z71 said:
I will post up results, and thanks for the help :shake:

after you get your tune and and blower installed make sure to check your KR reading for any detonation. if its bad enough you'll be able to hear it ping audiblely(sp?).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I have talked to Allen at nelson tuning and have decided that after I install my supercharger I am going to take the truck to his shop for the best tune on the dyno and on the street

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
00Z71 said:
Well I have talked to Allen at nelson tuning and have decided that after I install my supercharger I am going to take the truck to his shop for the best tune on the dyno and on the street

i would definetly recommend that. you cant beat a dyno tune.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
i have a nelson tune also...

here are my mods...

MagnaCharger RADIX, Magnaflow, TOG headers, GM 4.10 gears, B&M Transcooler, Eaton Posi rear, Nelson Performance Tune, 160 T-stat, MSD 8.5 wires, NGK TR55's, hotchkis 2/4 drop, edelbrock IAS shocks

i also have a yank TT3000 stall, billet servos, transgo shift kit waiting to be installed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
onyx said:
i have a nelson tune also...

here are my mods...

MagnaCharger RADIX, Magnaflow, TOG headers, GM 4.10 gears, B&M Transcooler, Eaton Posi rear, Nelson Performance Tune, 160 T-stat, MSD 8.5 wires, NGK TR55's, hotchkis 2/4 drop, edelbrock IAS shocks

i also have a yank TT3000 stall, billet servos, transgo shift kit waiting to be installed.
i have the NGK TR 55's, what gap did you set yours at or what would you recommend, what headers should i go with and what trans kit, i also plan to run 8psi boots, whats yours

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
they came pre-gapped for me... hell its been so long, i cant even remember what they were gapped at... lol.

i would suggest any long tube header set up. it will help your motor breathe to fully help the blower. and a trans go kit would be good, ive never heard anything bad about them. even though i still have yet to install mine, so i cant give you any words of wisdom on installation and performance. :crazy:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts