GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 2006 silverado 1500. in order for me to get a tune for a resonable price i would have to pay $70 but be with out my truck for some time. i was looking to buy a back up computer. what years would work? i am able to reflash it at work with the GM scan tool. (tech 2)

thanks for the help

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
why would you have to be without it? most reputable tuners will send you a tuned pcm and you return your core for a refund..

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am looking at the wait 4 me tune. the only thing is i have to send it to them. he can't get the pcm becuase its like $400 or something. also if i have a spare when ever i have to send it i can put it in. or should i go with nelson or some other

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i need to know quickly where the pcm is located on the 2006 silverado. i think it is under the air box am i right? i don't want to go out side it is cold rite now and everything

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
should be on the driver's side close to the battery but farther down.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this might sound dumb. where are the screws for the connectors. there are little gray covers over the connectors. do i have to take those out to get to them. point me in the right direction

thanks for the help.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
they are on the plugs themselves... I believe its a 7mm bolt head in there...

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
they unscrew!!!! one 7mm bolt on each one... then they just pull off....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts