GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people. I just bought a lifted 04 silverado 1500 5.3L V-8 with a Fab-tech lift in arrival blue and love it. I traded in my 01 eclipse for it and what a difference. I am in need of some performance help. I am looking to put a CAI intake an exaust on my truck and have to clue as to which is the best brand for more horsepower and better gas milage. Any Help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. What is the difference betweena '03 1500 silverado engine and an '04 silverado 1500 engine?? Reason being, I have looked for aftermarket performance parts and I can't seem to fins anything for a '04.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
yeah, the volant intake is nice, and strap on a nice flowing exhaust, and dont forget to see Allen from Nelson performance, for a custom computer tune.

Dan

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey handyman,

Feel free to contact me if there's any need for a tune. That'll wake your truck up and compliment the cai, and don't forget about a lower thermostat.

thanks,

allen

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What are the opinion on the AEM's brute force CAI? I had a AEM on my 01 eclipse and it was a hell of an improvement.

·
Registered
146 Posts
ive got a k&n fipk and i love the fit power and finish of it and have heard good things of the volant also
i have a 2004 gmc sierra and the intake fit fine on my truck
later

·
Registered
520 Posts
I've had the Volant, the K&N, and now the Airaid. All seem the same to me for performance. Volant has the nice look being concealed with a carbon fiber cover, while the K&N and Airaid have the red filter exposed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts