GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have an 07 Vmax 1/2ton 4x4 and im getting headers on the truck in a week... I've already done an intake and black bear is going to street tune the truck in about 3 weeks... So, is there any other performance mods I can do before justin tunes the truck? And, only external engine mods. Is there anything worth the money? Thanks guys!

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
higher stalling torque converter?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah... but its a daily driver so I dont want a high stall... i know its not too bad, but i just kinda want it to drive stock... and then, they dont really add power to the wheels do they? any other power mods? or is that about it without getting a cam or something...

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
yeah... but its a daily driver so I dont want a high stall... i know its not too bad, but i just kinda want it to drive stock... and then, they dont really add power to the wheels do they? any other power mods? or is that about it without getting a cam or something...
Do you want horsepower or do you want your truck to be more fun to drive?

You can put a 260/260 cam into your truck with some Kooks 2" headers, and it will make gobs of horsepower if that's all you're interested in.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Wait, so you want it stock but are adding a full exhaust and intake? :hmm: :rofl2:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you want horsepower or do you want your truck to be more fun to drive?

You can put a 260/260 cam into your truck with some Kooks 2" headers, and it will make gobs of horsepower if that's all you're interested in.
Yes I definitely want more horsepower... but not at the sacrifice of less mpg's... So a cam is a no go. I was just tryin to think of anything else worth it for the money/power gain before i get it tuned.

A S/C is external if you think about it.....DO IT
that would be awesome... but no.. too much and bad mpg's.

Wait, so you want it stock but are adding a full exhaust and intake? :hmm: :rofl2:
I dont want it stock... I want it to make as much power/best mpgs as possible. anything internal would kinda lower the mpgs i would think.. like a cam, plus i dont wanna fool with it. I just bought it and im trying to get it running as best as possible with how the engines come stock. Headers and external things dont count.

throttle body spacer

:secret:

I've never believed in these... do they actually have proof that they make a difference?

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
judging by your avatar, your truck is lifted on big tires. have you regeared yet?

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
Yes I definitely want more horsepower... but not at the sacrifice of less mpg's... So a cam is a no go. I was just tryin to think of anything else worth it for the money/power gain before i get it tuned.

that would be awesome... but no.. too much and bad mpg's.

I dont want it stock... I want it to make as much power/best mpgs as possible. anything internal would kinda lower the mpgs i would think.. like a cam, plus i dont wanna fool with it. I just bought it and im trying to get it running as best as possible with how the engines come stock. Headers and external things dont count.
Okay, you can do a cam, stall, gears, and such without losing 'MPGs' Your foot is a factor more than the mods. I have a stall, built tranny, cam, full built exhaust, underdrive pulleys, intake, yada yada yada, and I still average 21 MPG on my CCSB DD.

You are a walking contradiction. 'I want horsepower but don't want to sacrafice anything else, I want mods but want it stock..." The reason bolt on mods are so popular is because they are easy to do and don't change much. Stick with Intake, Exhaust, and Tune. The best you money you spend on any of these things will be on Justin's tune. :imo

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
Jeff said it all. I averaged 19.59 mpg on my last tank. Mostly highway miles, about 25 of them city with 8 WOT runs:jester: thats in a cammed/stalled full bolt on ride.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
If you get the right cam with the right stall then you wont lose any mpgs and it will be a blast to drive

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay, you can do a cam, stall, gears, and such without losing 'MPGs' Your foot is a factor more than the mods. I have a stall, built tranny, cam, full built exhaust, underdrive pulleys, intake, yada yada yada, and I still average 21 MPG on my CCSB DD.

You are a walking contradiction. 'I want horsepower but don't want to sacrafice anything else, I want mods but want it stock..." The reason bolt on mods are so popular is because they are easy to do and don't change much. Stick with Intake, Exhaust, and Tune. The best you money you spend on any of these things will be on Justin's tune. :imo

im not necessarily a walking contradiction... I just want it to run its best, while still being internally stock.... and yes you can still get good mileage with internal mods... thats just not really the norm. i bet you would get better without that cam atleast. because cams... all they do is open the valves more and for a longer period of time for more fuel and air and more power... but external mods, just kinda let the motor do what it does best the easiest way possible if that makes sense... I was just seeing if there was anything that I didnt think of before i got it tuned.

on another note.. does, justin use a wideband to tune his vehicles with a street tune? thanks

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
lol, moron.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
You have absolutely no clue do you man? You're asking for help, but you're so close minded about things you're just going to waste your money. People have given you plenty of great opinions/options and you have just ignored or disagreed with what they have to say.

Why as questions if you don't want to hear anyone but yourself give answers?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts