GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it put a performance muffler and keep the original tailpipe behind the back right tire, will i lose any performance or sound? I figured most the of the restriction was in the muffler, so if i keep the stock tailpipe, I wouldnt be losing any performance?

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have a dynomax ultra-flo, not to impressed with it. I like the sound, but after 5 months it had a spot where the weld went bad in it and it rusted through. It has a lifetime warranty, and was able to get a replacement, but had to be re-installed. PITA

As for what muffler to get depends on what kind of sound you are looking for. How loud etc.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Just get a Flowmaster.... 40 series 2 chamber, or 50 series 3 chamber... you won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I won't say a brand, it's personal preference. Most guys running exhaust are more than happy to talk about it, so just ask around when you here something you like. Many people think a 40 series is too loud, but man others think it is too quiet. I think it is pretty hard to go wrong choosing a muffler. My dynomax I think was just a defect; I have had good luck with them in the past. magna flow is highly reccomended by people too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I want to put a new mufler on my truck just using the stock pipe for now would it be cool if I don't put the tail pipe back on just dump it after the mufler? I don't see why not but what do you guys think?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts