GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are brand new and never hooked up...bought them for the rear doors of my HD but when I got the door panels off, I discovered I had 5.25", so I couldn't use these. www.woofersetc.com has these for $29.99 plus $9.99 shipping so I figure $30 shipped would be a good deal :shrug: PayPal only... Let me know :D

Link

Speakers.gif

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will they fit the front door? will they plug straight in?
They'll fit the front doors, but won't just plug in.....you can probably find a wiring guide on here or PM forklift, he may know, but you'll have to cut the factory harness off, unless you want to buy THESE and they'll plug in :D:D

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
will I have to do the same on an OBS? Or will they just plug in? How much of an upgrade are these compared to stock?
Any aftermarket speakers will NOT just plug into the stock harness....but its very easy to splice into the wiring. Or just buy the adapters listed above. As for being an upgrade, it depends....these speakers are indeed a step up from factory paper cone speakers, but other factors will play into how much better they will sound. If you have an aftermarket deck, they will sound MUCH better than the factory speakers, however if you have a factory deck still, you might not get that much of a difference, but still would be good replacements .....just :imo :D

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So these could replace my door speakers in my OBS?
$20 shipped?
Yes, they'll fit in the front doors of OBS trucks, and I'm not gonna go lower than $30 shipped as it's gonna cost me over $10 to ship these :D:D

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What is the difference in them being three way or two way?
Two way means they have a woofer and a tweeter, 3 way would mean they had a woofer and 2 tweeters :shrug:

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Dont I already have a seperate tweeter in my door?
Yes. I installed a set of 2 way Coaxles into my OBS and left the tweeter hooked up. It sounds alot better than stock. $30 is a good deal IMO for something that is going to sound better than stock. The Alpines I bought were closer to $115.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts