GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site but I have been reading alot of the post on the forums and getting some great ideas. Anyway, I have found several post with the part #'s for the painted pewter (11U) door handles and tailgate handle/bezel for the 2000 GMC Z71 ext cabs, but the number for the tailgate bezel will not pull up on on GMPD. If anyone could tell me a part number that will work or let me know somewhere else I can find this. I want to get both door handles and the tailgate handle/bezel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stephen

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Im pretty sure there are supposed to be 3 #'s in your paint code. I just had my smooth door handles painted at the Chevy Dealership and my paint code was 382U. My truck is Pewter.

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
if you call up the major dealerships, Courtesy GMC, Service Chevrolet, Ray Chevrolet, etc. they may have the handles in stock being that pewter is a popular color

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Yes, you can call, but they may not still make those color handles. I work at the dealership here in Ocala, FL and we couldnt get the ones matched for my pewter truck. I had to get red ones and paint them. BTW, I got them for free cause they were just layin around the shop left over from another job! I got my buddy in the paint department to paint them for me for free too! It was a good day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts