21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
let's see here:
They have bigger engines
will have bigger transmissions and axles
can fit larger tires
don't have torsion bars to get in the way (coils)

That seems like they're a vast improvement over our trucks

·
4,725 Posts
The regular half ton axle is a pile of shit. Nice looking truck, outrageous sticker.

Back in 02 you could option a nice 2500hd dmax 4wd for 33,000....

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
does the vortec max have the 14sf on the new styles?
im think so. i believe its the 4l65e though not the 4l80. the inside of that truck is bad ass, navi, leather, and so on

·
Go Gators!
521 Posts
I just bought my 07 GMC Z71. It was stickered at 42k because it has every single option in it except for the navi. Ebony leather, sunroof more computer shit then I know what to deal with, aftermarket 20's, Terra Grapplers dark tinted windows the works.... Since I had my truck payed off I didnt get upside down in payments and after everything out the door it came to only financing 27K. So in the end I have a much more reliable truck that is much more comfortable and easier to ride in and drive. I am very happy with this truck. The only bad thing is its the 5.3L.

I originally found one that was black, crew cab, 4x4 that had the vortec max, fully loaded w/ebony leather, sunroof, navi, dvd screen for the back seat, every single option possible by GM and they wanted 45 for it. I called the dealer to buy it and they said I could only buy the frontend because the rear end was totalled in a test drive accident. I was pissed cause thats what I really wanted but oh well. I am very happy with this one. As for the Chevys I dont know how they are inside but trust me the interior of these things is a whole nother story. I would never guess I was in a Z71 truck with the way this truck is inside. Very good job by GM on these new 07's. Price is a little steep but thats how shit goes I guess. Got my payments below 500 every month so Im pretty pleased.

Kyle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Beautiful sexy truck!

But 45k for that truck, a crewcab 6 litre. I'd like to pay that for one up north here. It's over 40k (canadian) for a 4.8 litre Regular Cab with Rear wheel drive. I tell you.

·
Go Gators!
521 Posts
Yeah thats what I was saying 45k for everything the way I wanted it and to have every single option possible just blew my mind. They found another black one after that but it was the demo truck on the dealers lot and it already had 4k miles on it and they still wanted to charge 46k for it...I wanted to tell them go f**k themselves but I put it a much nicer way and moved on to a differant selection...haha.

kyle

·
Vortec Max Owner
21 Posts
45,000 is way to much for a truck, I just bought a fully loaded V-Max LTZ Silverado for 35,000 dollars and it is fully loaded except for a sunroof and the 20 rims. Also mine is an extended cab which is probably cheaper than a crew cab.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts