GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some pics that I took that I want to post. They are all jpgs in the 700 to 900 kb range about 2100 x 1400 pixels. I wanted to cut them down and shrink the file size. So, I cropped them to get rid of the parts of the pic I didn't want and then to image size and forced the width to be 800 pixels. When I saved them it forced me to make them psd files. Here's the kicker, now the file size is 2.5 Mb! What gives?

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Cause you saved them in PSD format. Just open it back up and resize like you want a then click file/save as. Then click the pulldown menu and select jpeg.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
What version of Photoshop?

When you click Save As there should be a dropdown to select format.
Go to JPEG and name it and click save
You should get Image Options with a slider from left to right (right being the best quality
As you slide the file size at the bottom should change (you might have to let go and grab the slider again so it will show the size)

Then click save!
That is for Photoshop 7.0 so your verion might be differant

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
03Carbondogg said:
Cause you saved them in PSD format. Just open it back up and resize like you want a then click file/save as. Then click the pulldown menu and select jpeg.

The menu only has psd in it, I can't pick jpg. (I am using photoshop LE 5.0 is this why?)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so I managed to get that to work, I cropped resized to 600 pixel width and saved as a jpg. This gives me a picture that is a reasonable size on the screen. Then up loaded to photobucket and posted here. BUT the image posted here is about four times the "physical" size as the image when I view it in photoshop at 100% What causes this? See my test post in the test forum

added: I don't know what was going on but its working now. Thanks for helping out guys. My post should be in the lifted suspensions forum soon. Brandon, you'll get to count parts then. :anitoof:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts