GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have leads on both these converters...I don't tow a damn thing. The Yank is an 11" ~2.2 STR and 3000rpm stall...the PI is a 9.5" 3200rpm stall, MULTI clutch ~2.55 STR.

Which would you go with? I'm leaning more toward that PI now as it's simply a better unit!

Opinions... :anitoof:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yank...

·
Broke
350 Posts
they are both excellent. whats your setup, those are pretty high stall speeds

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a fat cam sitting in my closet 218/222 ~.550/.560 114LSA from Comp. 918 springs, only need to order pushrods then. True duals in the attic with a Magnaflow. I have the typical bolt ons now...efans, FIPK, tune, etc.

I've used a PI in the past in a Ford tranny...worked great. The PI is simply a better unit also in build construction, I've always said that even over there also. Small diameter is less rotating mass, it's made of a billet steel cover, higher STR, etc, etc.

I'm just wondering if it will be too loose for me...considering the weight of my truck.

It was built for an LS1 motor (more cubes, more comp than my 5.3) so the stall rating on it was 3200 for the LS1..I'm thinking it will be between 2800-3000 as I have less power but still quite a bit of weight...

·
Registered
343 Posts
why is everyone saying these are such high stalls?? Most people on ls1tech swear by stalls at this speed for DD

·
Broke
350 Posts
Because I daily drove a car with a loose high stall convertor. The exhaust is also something to take into account. With my true duals and short dynomax race bullets my car was loud all the time but just cruisin around i made TOO much sound. that shit is cool on paper and fun for a while but often times it gets annoying after a long time of daily driving.

and i still say, you cant really go too wrong...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts