GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and couldn't find nething so i am looking for nbs 99-02 trucks with 6" lift and either 285's or 305s thanks.

they will be goin on my new truck

38990-truck_2.jpg

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Dont do it do 35s, the 33s look really lame, ill get some pics of my buddys truck he has 33s on a 6 inch pro comp on a 2000 silverado looks really stupid.

·
Registered
424 Posts
my gallery has pics. if its a knuckle kit, 33's look good to me, I don't like the stuffed look. It really depends more on your rim choice and size I think. I did run 285's for a while though and they did look a little small, but the 305's extra width makes it look more proportional to me. But 35's look good too, especially since they rarely actually measure 35" but the extra height to me would mean I"d have to regear to be happy.. and didn't want to do that.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
6 inch superlift on 285's and stock rims

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
i had 33s with a 6 inch fabtech...looks like shit, go with 35s, if u go with 33s you will regret it

·
Registered
912 Posts
This is mine with a 6-7.5" Superlift decranked all the way and 285s. If you do decide to run only 33s on it, at least get 305s. I had just bought my 285s when I lifted my truck and couldn't afford to go buy another set. My next set will definitely be 35s.
Superliftside.jpg

NoShockBoots.jpg

·
|=====TK=====|
523 Posts
A little newer than you wanted, but here are 305's (33's) w/ a Fabtech 6" lift. It looked bad to me, so I added a body lift and went with 38's after that!!! Rollin' 37's now only b/c I do so much pavement driving.

DSCN4740.jpg

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i don't want anything major and i don't like the stuffed look. I have had the big lifted truck and want something still a little practical.

bowtie and jmcgriff i love the way yalls trucks look.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
well i don't want anything major and i don't like the stuffed look. I have had the big lifted truck and want something still a little practical.

bowtie and jmcgriff i love the way yalls trucks look.

·
Registered
573 Posts
as long as you get some rims that are 10 wide and tires that are 12.50 i would say then stay with 33s because if they are to skinny then they will look to small but as long as they are wide enough then they will look sick.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Go 35 , there as cheap to get as a 285/ or a 305 , and they look 100% better on a 6" lift kit .. I am using Pro Comp AT Paid 550.00 shipped to door for a set of 4 new tires (Blems)

·
Wheel On'
1,414 Posts
305s which are pretty much 33's

newTRUCK017.jpg

newTRUCK.jpg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts