GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts

in the front, i snipped a small piece of the inner fender out. since i done that, i hardly ever rub unless i hit a really hard bump. as for the back (8" drop), with my backspacing, my tires occasionally scrub the fender lips (they're cut-out btw). it only does this when i hit a BAD bump or when i haul heavy items. personally, i'd go for a 275/40/20. thats what i plan on running next go-around.

·
Hooked on trucks
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

in the front, i snipped a small piece of the inner fender out. since i done that, i hardly ever rub unless i hit a really hard bump. as for the back (8" drop), with my backspacing, my tires occasionally scrub the fender lips (they're cut-out btw). it only does this when i hit a BAD bump or when i haul heavy items. personally, i'd go for a 275/40/20. thats what i plan on running next go-around.
Sweet pics! So are the 40 series tires taller?

·
GMFS Member
32 Posts

:word:

Sweet pics! So are the 40 series tires taller?

mine are the same as xlcooplx's, except for my back is closer to 6'' and they scrub on bad bumps. i'll def be going with 40's next time. they are smaller than the 45's. should be near perfect. :imo

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Nice obs! but 60 series is way too big!
THANKS THAT IS THE BLUE TRUCK NOW I KINDA MISS THE OLD LOOK AND MY NASCAR SLICKS

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.