GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Hooked on trucks
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or 275/40/20's. I'm not sure what size tire to use with the stock 20in. GMC wheels which are only 8.5 wide with 22 mm offset.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
That offset sounds like it would be cutting it close. I would think with a 275/45/20 you would be rubbing.

·
Hooked on trucks
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just called and found out my backspacing is 5.61 inches, is that enough?

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
tuckage.gif

Picture033.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture011.jpg

in the front, i snipped a small piece of the inner fender out. since i done that, i hardly ever rub unless i hit a really hard bump. as for the back (8" drop), with my backspacing, my tires occasionally scrub the fender lips (they're cut-out btw). it only does this when i hit a BAD bump or when i haul heavy items. personally, i'd go for a 275/40/20. thats what i plan on running next go-around.

·
Hooked on trucks
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tuckage.gif

Picture033.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture011.jpg

in the front, i snipped a small piece of the inner fender out. since i done that, i hardly ever rub unless i hit a really hard bump. as for the back (8" drop), with my backspacing, my tires occasionally scrub the fender lips (they're cut-out btw). it only does this when i hit a BAD bump or when i haul heavy items. personally, i'd go for a 275/40/20. thats what i plan on running next go-around.
Sweet pics! So are the 40 series tires taller?

·
GMFS Member
32 Posts
tuckage.gif

Picture033.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture011.jpg

:word:

Sweet pics! So are the 40 series tires taller?

mine are the same as xlcooplx's, except for my back is closer to 6'' and they scrub on bad bumps. i'll def be going with 40's next time. they are smaller than the 45's. should be near perfect. :imo

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
275/60/15 5-7 drop

SCAN0004.gif

·
Hooked on trucks
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With the 40 series tire will there be more of a chance of bending the rim ifyou don't avoid the dreded pot hole?

1,798 Posts
technically yes, but i've hit some horrifying pot holes on 275/40/20's and didn't bend anything, 275/40's front and 275/45's rear in my sig

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
those are the exact rims/auction i am lookin at gettin wheels from also.......

will those tuck for sure then or not??

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Nice obs! but 60 series is way too big!
THANKS THAT IS THE BLUE TRUCK NOW I KINDA MISS THE OLD LOOK AND MY NASCAR SLICKS

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
275/45/20 on my truck and i have a 4/8 drop. Just need to roll the rear fender lips.

·
Registered
907 Posts
what company makes 285/40/22. Im having some trouble finding a tire in that size for a good price.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts