GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 2-door Tahoe. I would like to put a system in it. I dont know much about this stuff so I need some guidance on what to get. I used to have an 01 Tahoe with an Alpine IVA D300 HU, JL xr 6.5 comps, and JL 500/1 amp. I never finished it, but i was kind of disappointed in the highs. this time I would like it to sound even better, but I have less money now.

I really like Alpine HUs, any suggestions on which one? Id like a single din that could support my ipod and eventually xm.

Id like 6.5 comps and a single 10 or 12in sub. i dont know much about amps so i need some ideas there too.

I listen to hair metal mostly and a little rap if that helps.

What would you guys do? Thank you for your help

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
for comps, got to a shop and listen.

as far as a sub what do you want? loud/low bass or punchy bass?

·
Under the Radar
964 Posts
I have a 99 2-door Tahoe. I would like to put a system in it. I dont know much about this stuff so I need some guidance on what to get. I used to have an 01 Tahoe with an Alpine IVA D300 HU, JL xr 6.5 comps, and JL 500/1 amp. I never finished it, but i was kind of disappointed in the highs. this time I would like it to sound even better, but I have less money now.

I really like Alpine HUs, any suggestions on which one? Id like a single din that could support my ipod and eventually xm.

Id like 6.5 comps and a single 10 or 12in sub. i dont know much about amps so i need some ideas there too.

I listen to hair metal mostly and a little rap if that helps.

What would you guys do? Thank you for your help
What is your budget? From your statement I assume you would like a brighter sounding tweet?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I definately want a brighter sounding tweeter. For the sub i want good sound quality, something punchy.

I go listen to different sets of comps at places around town, but i dont trust that as much now since my old jls sounded great in the store and not that good in my tahoe. i was hoping to get some ideas about which specific speakers you guys have had good luck with to try and find then listen to.

My budget is around $1000

Thank you for the replies so far guys!

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
id look at Fi for subs... an SSD($170/$180) or a Q($235/$245) should be good in a sealed setup.

·
Armed NRA member.
550 Posts
for comps, got to a shop and listen.

as far as a sub what do you want? loud/low bass or punchy bass?

That would mostly be dependent on the box as you could do either with most decent 10 or 12" subs.

·
Under the Radar
964 Posts
Focal and Boston for a brighter tweet. Any comp set with a titanium tweet will give you a bright sound. RE SE12 sub's are killer SQL sub's. I purchased 2 for my install and opted to run just one after hearing it. Very impressive, especially for the price. FI and ID are also really good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.