GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its an 04 2wd just has 20in centerlines for now we want it slammed while still being able to tow a car trailer and a decent ride what lowering kit would you guys suggest?

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
lowest without compromising the ride much is a 2/3. Go with keys up front and coils with shock extenders out back. Lowest you can go is 3/5, but it won't ride like stock. I have one for sale if you want to go that low. It's a DJM.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sorry to say this but the 3/5 that comes from McGaughy's is muck better. It won't ride like stock but the McG coil in the rear is much better than the DJM. another problem I have seen with the DJM kit is the front lower control arm will break where the torsion bar fits into it. Try the McG, but I've got them both in stock.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was hopin someone would bring the mcgaughy's up bad habit pm me a price when you get a chance for the 3/5

i'm kindof biased against the djm arms i won't use em if i do not have to unfortunatly with my bagged ram they're the only option :pissed:

·
Registered
327 Posts
I used the Belltech 2/3 kit part# 3909 which consists of spindles, shock extenders, and 3" rear coils. I do have the 3" heavy duty shock in the back so yours might require a diff part #.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts