GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup everyone, for my b-day my buddy got me a Magnaflow muffler, so here are some pics of it installed on my truck. I love it, sounds so nice, really smooth deep sound, plenty loud, I really like the clean sound, highly recommend it to anyone! As you can see I had the shop weld it up to the existing pipe and then do a 3" turn down before the rear axle. Only thing I wish they had Stainless Steel pipe instead, but oh well, it's just a turn down, I will mess with it in the future probably. Either way it's just want I wanted as far as sound and looks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about the finger prints all over the muffler, lol. Didn't notice them until the pics came out, need to get under there and polish her up :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sound clip, ya I know. I will try to get one maybe tonight if I can, sometime early this week I will for sure and post it up on here, so keep checking back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice, I've got a dumped MF on both trucks in the sig.
Nice! Sweet trucks you have man, white is my favorite color, couldn't find one though, it's cool, love my color anyway. I really like the sport mirrors you have too, look awesome, makes me want some now, lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tempted to get one of those welded in place of the stock oil drum. How much resonance do you see at 2k rpm?
I am assuming you are talking about being on the freeway in overdrive. In my opinion I have no resonance, if there is some it's so little you don't notice after a while. I can still listen to the radio, talk on the phone or to other people in the truck just fine. Don't get me wrong, there is some noise, but to me it's just the muffler purring down the road, not the annoying resonance you get from flowmasters and others. The magnaflows are so clean and smooth sounding, I love it! And mine has a turn down too, would be even quieter if I had a full tail pipe I am sure, so don't forget that either. I will post up a sound clip tonight. Hope this helps you out.

·
droppin loads
3,883 Posts
yeah I get no resonance either, night and day compared to the shitty Flow I had on my old truck.

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
i got none on my 01 and i had a dual in out 18 in with pipes out the back. its as quiet at 3k than my dmax is at 2200

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
sweet! MF ftw! I got their full cat back on my car.. sounds amazing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I finally got a sound/video clip up! Sorry about the quality, you will get the idea at least of how it sounds, just turn up your volume loud, helps a little, lol! Check it out, just click on the pic/link below and it will play in another window pop up.

th_2007_0221silvy0002.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts