GMC Truck Forum banner

8161 - 8177 of 8177 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finally got the new 350 in had about 6k done in body/ paint right before i deployed. Almost every exterior part on the truck is new from LMC. Still needs an interior though. If anyone has leads on interor trim parts let me know. Hard to find for 92-94 two doors.

20160714_193022.jpg

20160712_182153.jpg

IMG_20160610_221558.jpg

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
Almost every exterior part on the truck is new from LMC. Still needs an interior though. If anyone has leads on interor trim parts let me know. Hard to find for 92-94 two doors.
Tell me more about these exterior pieces friend. How do they fit and shit? Lines good and all? Also, the interior trim is the same as a pickup so just grab 88-94 pickup parts.

*edit* Y u no put smoothie diesel bumper on, sick ass ride just wondering.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tell me more about these exterior pieces friend. How do they fit and shit? Lines good and all? Also, the interior trim is the same as a pickup so just grab 88-94 pickup parts.

The bumpers, hood, hood insulation &clips, bumper impact strips, rear view mirrors, door handles, grille&bowtie, and wheel arch moulding trim is all from LMC. Lines are great. It all looks OEM and im very happy with it. Worth every penny. If you spend over 1k like i did they deliver to your front door for free with a tractor trailer. The bumpers are the premium chrome and look damn good. I also got a bunch of weather stripping and some body bushings and tons of hardware too.

I like the diesel bumpers. Guess i just didnt think about it at the time. I was more focused on keeping the original look and i was pressed for time since i was deploying.

20160712_182352.jpg

20160712_163713.jpg

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
The bumpers, hood, hood insulation &clips, bumper impact strips, rear view mirrors, door handles, grille&bowtie, and wheel arch moulding trim is all from LMC. Lines are great. It all looks OEM and im very happy with it. Worth every penny. If you spend over 1k like i did they deliver to your front door for free with a tractor trailer. The bumpers are the premium chrome and look damn good. I also got a bunch of weather stripping and some body bushings and tons of hardware too.

I like the diesel bumpers. Guess i just didnt think about it at the time. I was more focused on keeping the original look and i was pressed for time since i was deploying.
Nice man, this thing is super slick. If you dont mind would you PM me a rough estimate of what you spent on this restoration. Really looking to do something similar to mine in the future.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Nice man, this thing is super slick. If you dont mind would you PM me a rough estimate of what you spent on this restoration. Really looking to do something similar to mine in the future.
Will do man. Im new to the forum so gove me a minute to figure out how to PM you.

·
meow
15,748 Posts

View attachment 63052

View attachment 63053
Gimme gimme!

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
That's a beautiful 2 door

·
Registered
4 Posts
Some additional shots (NBS M/C, OOBS DISC/DISC P/V), also note that the ABS module works 100% with the new plumbing. Future plans are ORD SAS kit, Ford high-pinion Dana 44 w/Chevy outers and spindles, and custom Dana 44 hubs/tone rings designed for Hummer H3 front brake hardware and ABS sensors.

mc_prop_1.jpg

mc_prop_2.jpg

driver.jpg

passenger.jpg

·
I have t-rex arms
310 Posts
Super jealous of all these clean 2-doors. I miss mine.

99 LS 4x4, Vortec 350, 3.73 gears

I did a bunch of stuff to mine. Corvette servo, Blackbear PCM tune, Gibson cat-back, cranked t-bars w/ a block in the back, built a 14 bolt SF with Yukon gears and a TrueTrac, 33" tires, clear headlights/markers, Z71 skid plates, 140 amp alternator from a GMT800 (direct bolt in), got the underhood reel light from an early OBS and installed that, ramm mat in the doors, Pioneer App Radio, upgraded speakers and tweeters, Punch sub in the back....just a ton of work into it. Sold it at 150,000 miles and bought a 2008 LT Z71. Now I wish I had kept it.

Tahoe_zpsz6pygage.jpg

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
Lol been fighting mine for a few months to get AC in it. Of course, I twisted the line from the evaporator to the receiver dryer. S/o to gm for those fucking aluminum lines with steel nuts. Pulling that dash smfh.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Been around for awhile, just created an account to contribute my rig to the thread.

1994 Blazer Silverado Sport (280,000 miles on body)
5.7L TBI 350 (rebuilt)
4L60-E (rebuilt)
NP241C (rebuilt)
AAL in rear, cranked keys up front (around 2" of lift)
60/40 bench swap
17" NNBS wheels (blank caps w/red bowtie added) w/33" (285/70/17) Toyo A/T tires
14-bolt SF w/discs, TrueTrac and u-bolt reversal (recent addition, pictures taken prior)
4.56 gears

blazer_1.jpg

blazer_2.jpg

blazer_3.jpg

blazer_4.jpg

blazer_5.jpg

blazer_6.jpg

blazer_7.jpg

blazer_8.jpg

blazer_9.jpg

blazer_10.jpg

blazer_11.jpg
Do you happen to have a write up thread or info on your 14 bolt semi float swap? im going to have to do mine soon and id like to know what im getting myself into ( haha )

·
I have t-rex arms
310 Posts
Do you happen to have a write up thread or info on your 14 bolt semi float swap? im going to have to do mine soon and id like to know what im getting myself into ( haha )
I did a 14 bolt SF swap on my 99. It's really not that bad of a swap.

You can get the axle from any light duty 2500 (7200GVW, 6-lug) or heavy duty 1500 (look for RPO F44) truck from 88 - 98. There were a ton of them made. I bought my axle on Craiglist for $150. It was not in bolt-in condition. I had to sand and paint it and the brakes were complete trash. Where I live, I think you could expect to spend about $800 for bolt-in condition. Might be better down south where rust doesn't fuck stuff up as much. I did a complete rebuild with Yukon premium gears and a Detroit True Trac and I rebuilt the brakes. The 14 bolt SF drum brakes are some of the more complex drums that I've fucked with. I did one side at a time. I've mostly owned disc brake vehicles though, so make of that what you will.

You will need a conversion u-joint. Mine was 1310 to 1350. Some people have an S44 to 1350. I think 1310 is most common. I found mine at a Traction heavy truck parts store, right on the shelf. They had one of those grizzled old dudes there that sounded like he smoked 2 packs a day since birth but could walk to the shelf and pull any part without looking it up. Save the straps for the u-joint from the donor axle. The ones from your truck won't match up.

My parking brake cables hooked up, no problem.

Make sure you get new u-bolts and nuts for the springs.

8161 - 8177 of 8177 Posts