GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, been reading tons of posts about cold air intakes and many of the pictures I see posted have electric fans. I was looking under the hood of mine and there isn't much space between my fan shroud, I have a mechanical fan. Could you guys post a few pictures of your CAI with my setup. Also, can you tell me what brand fits the best.

I also was reading a post from a guy who modified his OEM intake and basically cut off those ugly air baffles and used fiberglass mat to close it up and finish it. What is your opinion of that???

Let me hear from you. Thanks.

Rich

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
What year truck? I have a Volant box with a K&N cone filter inside, it was on my 4.8 and now it's on my 6.0L with the Radix on it. Fits perfect with the mechanical fan & shroud as you can see. Don't have issues with it. I'm sure if you go to any site that sells CAI's you can type in model and it will show you everything that fits.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
i didnt even have an issue with my CAI on my 8.1 and stock fan/shroud

·
haz 12"s!
4,533 Posts
Just make sure you buy one for the correct year truck and you'll be fine.
true statement. I got the K&N deal and it fit with my clutch fan just fine. I dont think I have any pics though.

Id save some money and just mod the airbox and get the Airaid tube and a good filter. I only got mine because I scored a used one for a damn good price.

·
Blown Big Block
980 Posts
I had an Airaid and then a UPD on my 8.1 before I went FI and they fit fine...just get one for your year/model and it will fit no problem. But instead of going to a CAI I would mod your stock box and add an aftermarket tube and then look at e-fans...they will free up some HP more than a CAI.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ya I have one on my 2500 with 6.0 and it clears fine, till you add a tb spacer than you have to trim some fan shroud, but tb spacer aint worth much and isnt worth the trouble.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts