GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got some pics of my first trail ride. :head: I had a good time and learned a good leason. The truck doesn't like deep water. I went in to fast and the truck stalled.

small stream
Stalled in this but got it running and out on it's own

After 5hrs in the woods

here is a link to some of the pics the rest should be in soon
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286913333

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first pic I was going about 15mph. I hit the pond at about 25. It made an awsome splash. No more though slow and easy.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
yeah, just got water in your distributer. Happened to me a few times...no big deal, but if you don't have long enough plug wires and its dark, its no fun takin it off and dryin it out...sometimes it will just get wet enough to kill it and make it idle funny for a few mins...other times it will kill it for hrs...been there, done that...no more water crossings goin more than like 5 mph...

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
You want to hit water just fast enough to make a bow wave so you dont suck it through your fan (can break blades off, stall you engine, throw water into places in teh engine bay you may not want it) and also keep it out of your cab. To slow and you dont get th ebow wave and bad things happen, to fast and you found out what happens. Also you can loose control easy going to fast and bad things happen. Also keep in mind if your diff, tranny, t-case you name it is real hot when it hits water you can crack it and you WILL cause it to suck in air through the breathers, so if the breathers are submerged you suck water and once again, thats not real good. I could go on for days, but the point is its a skill that you only learn by messing up :bowtie:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts