GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read another post about SM vs CC pans with a few good pics of the SM, but no CC

anyone?

I'll be buying one within a week, want to make sure I dont screw up and buy the wrong one again (Street Scene)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
those look really good - this is going to be a tough desicion

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
O3GMC said:
I'll be buying one within a week, want to make sure I dont screw up and buy the wrong one again (Street Scene)
All I have to add are the reasons I went with a CC pan.

CC Pan $109, Sir Mikes $179

CC Pan stamped pan with no body filler needed, Sir Mikes tack welded with body filler needed

CC Pan full primered front and back, Sir Mikes raw steel

That's why I choose it, but the Sir Mikes is a good pan, just needs more work to get it looking right.

·
Registered
785 Posts
hey 03carbon did you have any problems with getting the bottom of your pan to line up with the bedsides at the bottom, mine stick out a little and I would like to fix it, what should I do

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
03rado said:
hey 03carbon did you have any problems with getting the bottom of your pan to line up with the bedsides at the bottom, mine stick out a little and I would like to fix it, what should I do
I screwed a screw at the bottom of each side of mine. I don't think they come with it but I did it anyway.

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
Custom classic pans look really nice but I dont really like the rounded license plate box, i like the sharp corners and tight fit of the sir mikes. I love my sir mikes pan.

·
Registered
785 Posts
another reason I went with a custom classic pan is all the silverados where I live have sir mikes pan and I wanted to be different than them, plus I like the way it looks

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DemoN said:
IMO the sir mikes goes better with the styling of the 03 then the 99-02 silverados. So it's a good fit with your truck...i just like the CC on the 99-02. but that's my opinion on it only.
good observation

I'm having a tough time deciding on CC vs SM

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
bcubed said:
All I have to add are the reasons I went with a CC pan.

CC Pan $109, Sir Mikes $179

CC Pan stamped pan with no body filler needed, Sir Mikes tack welded with body filler needed

CC Pan full primered front and back, Sir Mikes raw steel

That's why I choose it, but the Sir Mikes is a good pan, just needs more work to get it looking right.
i have to agree with bcubed on the more work part. My friend picked up a Sir Mike's pan from the factory, and it looks like shit. Everything is tack welded into place, but its a good pan nonetheless. I have a SIr mikes, and have to say i love it. I like the fact that its more square around the licence plate holder

1 - 20 of 20 Posts