GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
yea, its an 05
damn.....i heard that i can plug your gauges into my stock sockets..and everything work..is that true?

i want a trans temp gauge like the SS has...where can i get a gauge to fit my truck but has the speed of 120, and the trans temp?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
damn.....i heard that i can plug your gauges into my stock sockets..and everything work..is that true?

i want a trans temp gauge like the SS has...where can i get a gauge to fit my truck but has the speed of 120, and the trans temp?
it looks like they should plug into them, i dunno if the 120 will work though, all i can find is 100 for the 01's

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
yeah me too....my needle stops at 100....i wonder if i was to plug a new one into mine if it'd get up to 120...i guess ill just have to buy one and see. if not then i wonder if the wires are colored the same and do the same as the old ones...if so then i'd shrink wrap them together and bam i have my newer gauge cluster.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
yeah me too....my needle stops at 100....i wonder if i was to plug a new one into mine if it'd get up to 120...i guess ill just have to buy one and see. if not then i wonder if the wires are colored the same and do the same as the old ones...if so then i'd shrink wrap them together and bam i have my newer gauge cluster.
its not gonna get up to 120 just bc the gauge goes up to it, your going to have to buy a tune for that....

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
looks good but if you do decide to paint the dash bezel i would sell the one you have...but you probably already thought of that.
yea thats what i was gonna do, i might just get the console repainted later on the charcoal color of the seats or black or carbon fiber......thats prob. what ill do

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Nice job. Painting the dash bezel will really set that thing off!
yea, i think im gonna get another dash bezel and get it painted, if i like it sell the one i have now and if i dont i can put this one back on and sell the other or keep it for later i guess......

21 - 33 of 33 Posts