GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a good show it had everything from trucks to pocket bikes. Tons of stuff to check out. Also Cognito was there and the guy that works there whos name I think is Pat (he drives shocker) showed me all their products and lifts and I gotta say those things are solid. Also the tie rods are awesome!! Forget that bulletproof stuff and drilling your spindles the cognito ends are tapered so they fit right in and will not wear the spindle down.

101_1207.gif

101_1216.gif

you can see the rest here
http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v97/KoTToN/Extreme Motorsports Expo/

:head: :head: :head:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I like the Cognito steering setup. I wonder what they would charge just the the tie-rods, heims and steering linkage? All they are missing are boots to save the heim joints.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Yeah Kotton, Justin is a cool guy. I need to hit up a show, but I've been busy too much. Cognito lifts are beefy as hell though:head2:

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i asked him the price of the tierods and for the set with all the joints and everything is $310 which is way cheaper than that bulletproof lift. They also had a sweet looking pitman arm bracket that prevents the steering linkage from twisting up and down I think that was around $290. As for boot with the joints ive never seen boots for heim joints i dont think they need them but im just a newbie so dont go by what i say :hump: . BTW sevenfold when and how was that truck jambo?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sevenfold said:
Last I talked to Justin the price was $310 for the tierod upgrade with 4 heim joints.
Thats a very reasonable price cosindering the heims alone cost quite a bit.

KoTToN said:
They also had a sweet looking pitman arm bracket that prevents the steering linkage from twisting up and down I think that was around $290. As for boot with the joints ive never seen boots for heim joints i dont think they need them but im just a newbie so dont go by what i say...
Any pictures of that pitman arm bracket? About the boots. Heim joints are stronger however when water or grim gets into the teflon lining it just eats it away. A rubber boot of some sort would seal them off preventing this from happening and prolonging the lifespan. Many C.O.R.E teams use leather boots to cover theirs from all the dust.

I agree that the Cognito tie rods look like the way to go but Bulletproof's crossover steering setup is the best on the market IMO.

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes i was talking about the bulletproof steering company not the suspension one. And i forgot to grab a pic of the pitman arm bracket. This was the first time i brought a camera to anything so im not used to taking a lot of pictures. my bad :banghead:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts