GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
Just outta curiosity what were you doing? And thats nothing a little duct tape cant fix!

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
cool shocks, well done owning that cv, thats impressive, mine have been holdin up pretty good

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
you might wanna invest in a bodylift so you can have some flat angles, you will love your ride/truck more, and you two can cuddle in the sand

·
2,451 Posts
did you talk to the_law on fsc. he has a drivline shop in louisiana making cornay cv joins and is trying to get a group buy.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i did kind of, but the shop doesn't have a name yet, and he hasn't answered me on how much stronger they are compared to stock

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
I looked at that site you posted and the info and offroad links dont work. How did you find out about their cv strenght?

·
Registered
832 Posts
The way I see it as far as Cornays or real strong CV joints is that if your looking for extra strength dont buy them. Instead of making the 99 dollar CV's your weak point, you get these cornays or strong ass other ones and now your front diff is the weak point. To me 99 dollar cv's with lifetime warranty are worth replacing over and over as opposed to a front diff. Now if you arent really hardcore offroading but you have your cvs cranked to the max then cornays are a good solution.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
the gusseting would do a little but still not solve the problem of a small ass ring gear.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts