GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide if its worth an extra $400 when I get my tailgate/pan done in a few weeks...

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
I don't have a pic but i think you should do it...looks alot cleaner. Also, if it's possible, you should shave the cab lines up top along with the 3rd brake light

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Not really.....

It's a bit high but it's not bad if the shop does great work.

Cameron

·
Registered
169 Posts
Has anybody seen a flush LED light that's been tinted as a 3rd brake light? I think I saw it in Truckin', but the put a long line of led's and flush mounted and then painted over it so when they weren't lit you couldn't see them, but when they lit up you could. It looked good, but not sure how much it would cost. I hope that made sense. :insane:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
04sierra said:
Has anybody seen a flush LED light that's been tinted as a 3rd brake light? I think I saw it in Truckin', but the put a long line of led's and flush mounted and then painted over it so when they weren't lit you couldn't see them, but when they lit up you could. It looked good, but not sure how much it would cost. I hope that made sense. :insane:
merzees paint and design did a tech article for that... Lol yea i gotta talk my shop up. Ewogo had it done on his truck until he crashed it. I think its like 700-900 bucks for the shaving the 3rd break light and replacing it with an LED. It looks really cool though. But its also illegal:read: But hey, when has that stopped any of us before

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm tough desicion....and I guess its more like $350, he gave me a total for 3 things I had to kind of split it up....

I'm not too worried about the legality and everything....I dont think even a strict cop would notice....would it not pass inspection though?

but it does clean it up...and having that big horizontal up top on the roof line makes the truck look wider or something...which is kinda cool......

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
shave it... and when it comes to inspection, get one of thoose "line of fire" lights that goes between ur tail gate and ur pan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts