GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kustom Werx did a good job on the rear, I'm happy with how it turned out. The truck is dirty - I'll be taking better pics after a good Zaino session after the paint cures

btw the backside of the roll pan is bare metal and I'm wondering if spraying some kind of rust inhibitor would be a good idea...wont it eventually rust through? They might have already sprayed something on it I'm not sure.

few more pics in album in sig link

·
Registered
820 Posts
Looks sweet man, and you should spray somthing on the back side of that pan or it will rust and it won't take long to do it. maybe some bare metal etching primer would do it.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Looks sweet man!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
atomoverride said:
What the hell happen to your tonno cover? it looks like plastic.
haha - it is plastic, but 'fancy plastic'......its a Undercover bed cover ( http://www.truckxpressions.com/truckaccessories/exterioraccessories/undercover.htm ) pretty much bought it because it was cheaper, stronger, scratch resistant, easy to clean/no polishing needed, lighter, etc I know a painted fiberglass cover looks sleeker but everyone has one

Badassilverado said:
Looks great ...you have alot done for an '04
its a 03 w/04 chevy tails

Thanks for the compliments :head:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fullthrottledan said:
really really clean truck. it looks badass. Have you taken it to the track yet?
Yeah, it ran in the high 14s last year with the 3k stall, intake, full exhaust + predator tuning - the big problem being the GTII 275/45/20's and the stall = 0 traction, I couldn't really floor it until about 30mph - the track was not prepped very well.

With the new Nelson 93 tune and traction it should be good for real low 14s - but a Radix is looking pretty tempting at this point :read:

my previous truck was a mid/low 12 sec daily driver, and while my gmc looks better and more custom, it just doesn't have the power......yet

I'm thinking within a year or so:
bags by ekstensive
eaton posi
flp trans
radix or turbo
wider wheels/tires in the rear

·
Registered
146 Posts
ive got an 04 gmc carbon metallic and id like to get mine where yours is one day but im gonna start workin overtime to help the cause i need to post some pics of my new front endi put on the t rex upper bumper billet and my dad made some plugs form the license plate holes

let me know if yall wanna see some pics and ill see what i can do

1 - 20 of 26 Posts