GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished up my 5/8 drop yesterday, im down the shore for the holiday and stoked because this thing rides like a caddy. I got my CC roll pan coming in this week and the front should settle a bit more so it should get rid of the slight cali. Here are some iphone pics for now, full photoshoot with some new mods early next week. hit me with some thoughts and comments!!!!!!!

silvy1.jpg

silvy3.jpg

silvy2.jpg

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man, i used MCG 16" spindles and MCG 3" coils for the front. for the rear i used the MCG flip kit and the MCG 2" shackle. I have some summit/DT shocks which I am a huge fan of. the install was a PITA but all said and done it was well worth it!!!!

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
i dont guess you have hit any big bumps yet? i was 4/8 and it was hell, up to 7" in the back and the bottoming out still kills me. flip kit, shackles, doestch tech shocks and a mcg notch btw

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
na not really mang, im 25 and have never to this day have ever owned a vehicle that wasnt hammered to the concrete. I drove a total of 150 miles through urban philadelphia into the new jersey coast and bottomed out maybe 3 times on hella silly bumps. compared to my hondas and some other whips this thing isnt shit as far as ride goes. I LOVE IT. Go back to 8 and bring the front down to 5, youll smile :)

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
na not really mang, im 25 and have never to this day have ever owned a vehicle that wasnt hammered to the concrete. I drove a total of 150 miles through urban philadelphia into the new jersey coast and bottomed out maybe 3 times on hella silly bumps. compared to my hondas and some other whips this thing isnt shit as far as ride goes. I LOVE IT. Go back to 8 and bring the front down to 5, youll smile :)
im going to 5 in the front but i a leaving the ass end up until i get some helpers or something, because i bottom out 50 times every time i drive my truck. i was thinkin of getting some bigger bumpstops, i have the pancake ones that came with the drop right now and when it bottoms out it goes BANG!!!

·
#NBHNC
2,828 Posts
looks good man!
5/8 is the way to go unless you decide for lower!

my 5/8 is about to become a 6/9

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
looks real good. :)

·
SyTy Speed Shop
229 Posts
Truck looks good, but like a few others, id like to know what size tires your running?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the responses! i am running the stock 16" steelies with 235/75's. i am planning next to section my tranny crossmember and raise my tank up. I may go a bit lower in the front with some trimming inside the wells.

I am going grab some nnbs tahoe or some ltz 20's. Anyone have any idea what size tire would be best to keep the same overall diameter that i have now?

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
looks sick. reminds me of a cop car scheme. where are you staying in jers? looks to be south of me.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
275/40 is lookin like the choice for tires. im in ocean city jerz this weekend. thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Truck looks awesome lowered that much.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts