GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics Of The Inner Fenders *Updated*

Here's one of the Passengers side. I just have to sand out the scratches in the body filler and she's done:
fender_4.gif

And Here's the Drivers side. Still needs more sanding, but I fabbed a mount for my fuse box:
fender_5.gif

I may be lookin into selling these fenders this Fall as I think I have a sponsor for a body droppless chassis, but that's not 100% for sure yet.

Here's some pics with the fenders 90% completed and installed.
fender_6.gif

I didn't have the bolts to mount the fuse box so I used the next best thing...
I'm going to have to do some trimming on the fuse box cover, but it looked like it'll fit.
fender_7.gif

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Impressive work. :head:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I have alot of time in them. I'm still thinking about doing some more work to em.
Can you drive insanely low and still turn a bit with these?
I can sit the truck on the ground and turn the wheels all the way in either direction and the only thing they rub (barely) is the firewall. I could fit a bigger tire up front now and still lay frame, But would have to cut into the firewall or move the cab back some. I've noticed that since I've cut the fenders out and put my 2" spindles on that I know tuck rim in the front. The only draw back is that I now have no hinges, but I found this adjustible aluminum piece used for sliding doors which can be seen in my sig, that was pretty much a direct bolt in.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
way2hi said:
I've noticed that since I've cut the fenders out and put my 2" spindles on that I know tuck rim in the front.
Looks great :rocking:

So what qualifies as tucking rim? This weekend while taking my badges off I took my finger and ran it from the top of my fenderwell towards the tire and my finger touched rim, no tire at all.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
that's clean Bro... really nice work

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys.
bcubed: What qualifies as tucking rim is when the wheel tucks up into the fender and some of the rim is not visible. The 88-98's are alot easier to tuck rim.

This is before I cut out anything and I was almost tucking rim, I'll take a pic of me tucking rim when I get the truck back

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
way2hi said:
thanks guys.
bcubed: What qualifies as tucking rim is when the wheel tucks up into the fender and some of the rim is not visible. The 88-98's are alot easier to tuck rim.
Yeah, but what I meant is it all depends on the angle you are looking, take this photo for example, it looks like I'm tucking rim, but only cause I was looking down on the truck.

and looking from the side

The picture in my sig, I was laying on the ground looking up at the truck when I took it.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
damn man its good to see people go the extra mile and atucaually run inner fenders

if mine come out half as nice as those i'd be happy :drool:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
bcubed said:
Yeah, but what I meant is it all depends on the angle you are looking, take this photo for example, it looks like I'm tucking rim, but only cause I was looking down on the truck.

and looking from the side

The picture in my sig, I was laying on the ground looking up at the truck when I took it.
i dont think 20's will tuck any rim maybe just a hair if you have bigger tires or atleast all the gmfs i have seen dont tuck on 20's unless there bodydropped

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To tuck rim you it has to litteraly be tucking. You need to squat down and get your eyes even with the bottom of the fender lip at the center of the fender, if some of the rim is missing then your tucking, if not then you're just tucking tire. I don't tuck alot of rim, but more than I've seen on any NBS without major front end modification. Do you still have your factory inner fenders? I don't think there's anyway you could tuck rim with the factory inners.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
way2hi said:
To tuck rim you it has to litteraly be tucking. You need to squat down and get your eyes even with the bottom of the fender lip at the center of the fender, if some of the rim is missing then your tucking, if not then you're just tucking tire. I don't tuck alot of rim, but more than I've seen on any NBS without major front end modification. Do you still have your factory inner fenders? I don't think there's anyway you could tuck rim with the factory inners.
oh well nevermind, like I said I was working on my truck and noticed that when I ran my finger from the fender to the tire/wheel I was touching rim, and not tire.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
man im glad i saw that you had the air commander i have been looking for pics of someone with a relocated fuse box and the commander to see what it will look like under the hood

got any pics of them all mounted up yet? :whip:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nope sorry man I sure don't. I shattered my fuse box cover where I did have it mounted and I just picked up a new one today. Sometime this week I should have the other fender done and I'm gonna take it up to the shop and put it on then mount the fuse box and figure out how much I'm gonna have to cut off of the cover. I'll take some pics. It should be even with the engine when mounted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts