GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And i got a pair of Treo TSX 10 inch subs that im going to be running once my box from subthump comes in
DSC00350.gif

DSC00351.gif

DSC00352.gif

DSC00349.gif

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the tsx's have a 5.5 mounting depth, the subthump box is 5 5/8". So im keeping my fingers crossed, and if it doesnt fit then ill make it fit

·
Registered
907 Posts
why did you do the big 3?
does it make a difference?
did you need it even with a yellowtop?

·
Registered
125 Posts
do you think that would help with the dimming of my interior lights? if not what can you do about that? its pretty annoying.:flame:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the grey wire is the stock alternator to positive lead i think.It goes into the red box and then comes out in one of the plastic conduit things. Yes the big 3 is proven to help, i still get some dimming tho even with the yellowtop. Im mounting the subs downfiring under the backseat, im also planning to get a KX2500.1 to replace the KX1200 and a 220 amp alternator

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
very nice and clean, i have the big 3 with 0/1, red top, 250 amp alt, 1000.1 and 200.2 and the only time i get ANY dimming is at full crank while parked at idle, the lowest my truck ever drops is 13.5

if you are having problems with dimming, start with the big 3, if that doesnt solve it, new battery, still have a problem, larger alt, still problems, you did something wrong or your system is too big (yeah right lol)

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
over all looks good but i have a few concerns.... top mount battery with the positive side about 1/4 inch from a ground, i wouldn't be to happy with. also there's a reason the stock battery isn't mounted on a fender bolt right next to the hood.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
over all looks good but i have a few concerns.... top mount battery with the positive side about 1/4 inch from a ground, i wouldn't be to happy with. also there's a reason the stock battery isn't mounted on a fender bolt right next to the hood.
i dont see any problems

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
looks fine to me. The Optimas place the terminals alot further in so further away from the metal fender

1 - 18 of 18 Posts