GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, I got my 35% done a few months back and its too light :crazy: and yea I was told I would want darker :D Im strongly thinkin' about takin' it off and doin 20%. I dont really drive my truck everyday and when I do, I drive with the windows down 99% of the time. My friend has a Exploder aka Explorer on his lot with 20% and its damn nice and shady compared to my 35% LOL. If ya could post some pics it would be appreciated! 35% lets alot of light in and still see thruish in the day lol. Also is the glue from the tint hard to remove, should I have a shop do it? I know Brandon aka EMD got pulled over and had to take his off 2x........Thanks!

9,786 Posts
Heres a few pictures of my truck with the tint. I have 1% on the back and 20% on the front 2 windows...Hope this helps

bodylift_008.gif

hitting_the_mud.gif

backin_it_up.gif

entering_bog.gif

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isnt 1% the limo over the factory? Thats what I have and I think thats what it equals out too.....Those looks nice and dark :head: :rocking: Thanks! More people post up, cause I know most got 20% :drool: :worship:

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like that, it gives so much more privacy and reflection :worship: :drool: were those all in the shade tho :crazy: :D just messin' with ya lol :rocking: :head:

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yoskater said:
I just took this with my phone, that's 20% on the front windows and 20% over the back stock tint.
Ur pic didnt show up :LOL: :pow:

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gabeherndon said:
I have 15% on my rolldowns and I have 5% over the factory on the back windows.
newtails.gif
Yea, my rears have 5% also, any pics from the side of the sides :crazy:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
All those dark tints look sweet. My question is, how hard is it for you guys to see outside at night? My buddy had limo tint all the way around on his Civic, and he could hardly see enough to back out of his garage.

Of course...part of his problem could be he bought a Civic :anitoof: :pow:

·
\m/ (-_-) \m/
1,204 Posts
I'm not going to lie to you it can be a pain in the ass sometimes at night. Like I find myself rolling my windows down a lot and using my side mirrors. But I think it looks good so I really don't care. It's not horribly bad though like as in I wouldn't do it again.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Harley D's 04 has -1% all the way around! He can't see shit but likes that you can't see him either!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
My friend has what he calls "double 0" (00%) tint, and you can't really see out of it either way! :LOL: My pic didn't show up? It does for me... well, here... :crazy:

tint.jpg

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea, Im gettin' 20% :head: :rocking: I'll make the appoinment when I get back from Tahoe :D 20% looks good day and night and damn that 15% is dark :head: :crazy:

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh yea and 99% of the time I drive with my windows down but then again it hasnt hit 110 degree's here either so they will be up when that comes :drool: :worship: With 20% if the sun is on you, its still like bein' in the shade right?

·
Sunburnt or Drunk
153 Posts
is california the only state where they are hella strict on the tint? cuz seems like everywhere else i've been (other states) i'd always see hella dark windows. i think here you are only allowed 70% on the front sides and none on the windshield, but as dark as you want on the back. i pussed out and got 50%on the sides.... still illegal, but barely. and 5% on the back. i don't need any more reasons to get pulled over. :crazy:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Well, I don't have 20%, I have 32% which is legal here and factory on the rest ... it does the job for me and no hassles if I get pulled over.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Slawinitup said:
carb dogg wat % u got im think about gettin 15 on the passenger and driver and like 2 on the back glass
I got 5 on the back and 20 on the side but I think it's around 15 though. Not sure. GA has no tint law right now! :head:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts