1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
d41ff6c9.jpg

d3c1c8eb.jpg

18f94f8e.jpg

I didnt relocate the rear bumper because im going to be selling it in the future. I just had them tac weld on the diamond plate so when i do sell it i can either grind it off or leave it on if someone with a 3 inch body wants it. I didnt do that rear gap guards either because the bed will hopefully be going sooner than later. Up front i had two light tabs welded on the ranchand for the lights and i will soon get two 6"s to go on the tabs that came on the bumper. Right now im liking the clearance i have on my 35s, I think i will go no bigger than 36x14.50s for now then hopefully in 6 months when i buy a jeep i will go to 40s (oh they will fit).

My truck wasnt made for offroading, and i dont want to save and SAS it, cause sure its cool, but, you break when you have IFS and you break when you have 60;s and 44s so, i need something to break on the trail and not worry about a ride to work. So, in 6 months i want a 2 or 4 door cherokee, and i already have the ford 9" rear so im gonna build it up with the following specs:

Ford 9"
dana 44 front
locked front and rear
rubi express 5.5" (possible add a leaf and spacers for 7.5" lift) 37" MTR's or Krawlers
and alot of other goodies.

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
Looks great. I gotta see it in person, I'm sure that it'll be enough of a kick in the ass to get me to do a BL too. :anitoof:

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Looks great! What are your Fender Measurements now?

It does not make the tires looks as small as I thought it might, I like it alot.

Do you have anymore pictures of that Rear Ranchhand?
I have been thinking about getting one and have talked to Josh about it. Not sure If I want the 10" or 8" drop.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
looks good man, its nice to have some more clearance, i see some Swampers in your near future

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
BDZ71 said:
Do you have anymore pictures of that Rear Ranchhand?
I have been thinking about getting one and have talked to Josh about it. Not sure If I want the 10" or 8" drop.
Mine is a 10" drop, and have a bolt on receiver. Mine is actually a Tough Country, but its nearly identical. The only differences are that the surface where the license plate mounts, mine is diamondplate, while Ranch Hand uses smooth plate. The other difference is that the middle section is angled the whole way, while his is straight down about 1/2 way, then angled/tapered. But yeah, it gives you an idea....

BTW, if you do decide to get a bumper, definitely go through Josh. :D

Hitch draw bar in...
000_0273.gif

000_0274.gif

Hitch draw bar out...
000_0276.gif

000_0275.gif

*EDIT* I just realized that I was offcenter when I took the centered pics, man I suck with a camera. :pirate:

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Truck looks really good with the extra 3 inches.

But man I cannot fathom what anyone sees in those bumpers. :blah:

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
LowBlue02 said:
But man I cannot fathom what anyone sees in those bumpers. :blah:
After you've been rear-ended a few times, you'll see what we see in them. :crazy:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I took it to a shop and got it welded up. I am very disappointed in how it turned out though. I hope to find a better welder and get it re done, I told the guy i wanted it welded to the frame and sturdy enough that i could have a winch and have a truck tug me (basically whatever i could throw at it) and when i came back like an hour later that ass hacked jobbed it and it was still bolted on to the frame. I didnt even want to argue with him, i just said thanks, ill never be back. :pissed:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts