GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
bombs on target
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to convince the wife that i need to lift my truck. and i want to run 20's and 33's. lift amount not important. just looking for pics of a truck with that wheel combo...just dont want it towering above the wheels.

·
bombs on target
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...i will probably be running spindles and coil spacers for now since i have a 2wd. it will probably take that much for me to run a tire that big. and right now thats really as big as i want to go...maybe bigger later.

keep the pics coming please

·
Unofficial Thread Killer.
756 Posts
275/60/20s with 1 ton torsion bars to level out the front

Same rims and tires with 7" of lift

How it looks now with 35s, just in case u dont want to stop at 33s because i made the mistake of doing it in baby steps and it cost me more. Because u will get bored quickly. BTW All this was done over 12 months. Like i said, i got bored.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Deranged, where did those Toyos rub? The front valence I assume, any rubbing on the back of the fender? Is that with any crank on the stock keys or stock height?

·
DisgruntleD
3,823 Posts
Deranged, where did those Toyos rub? The front valence I assume, any rubbing on the back of the fender? Is that with any crank on the stock keys or stock height?

Yep, the front valance, though not much, and they rubbed on the plastic inner fender, none on the metal, both on the inside and the outside. But it wasn't bad at all. That is with stock keys cranked, but mine didn't have much room on them, with the keys cranked all the way its still about 1.5-2 inches low in the front. So I'm really hoping that the ford keys will allow it to sit level and clear those tires.

·
Mike D
53 Posts
heres my HD with 20x9 and 305/55/20's and no lift, it rubbed really bad everywhere, even with the tbars cranked all the way, did a lot of trimming and it still rubbed, mostly because of the 4.5" BS of the rims. then lifted it 6" and no more rubbing but the 33's were way too small with the lift so im going to 37's in the spring.
IMG_0565_1_.jpg

now here it is after the 6" lift
101_0576.jpg

101_0577.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts